Ahune's Superior Brawl
- "ENJOY FROST FESTIVAL GAMES, FOOL! DESTROY RAGNAROS DUMMIES FASTER THAN YOUR OPPONENT. HEROES CANNOT BE HEALED OR KEEP ARMOR."
Ahune's Superior Brawl celebrate the Frost Festival event and is a followup to Ragnaros' Fire Festival. It is commentated upon by Ragnaros' rival, Ahune the Frost Lord, and is played exclusively on the Stormwind battlefield.
History[edit | edit source]
|110||July 19, 2017||July 24, 2017|
Overview[edit | edit source]
At the start of the match, one player is randomly selected to play as Jaina Proudmoore (mage), and the other as Uther Lightbringer (paladin), with corresponding pre-made decks. Both heroes are permanently Immune and are unable to be healed or retain any Armor for more than a single turn. At the start of the game, a Ragnaros? minion will appear on each player's side of the board. Whenever a player destroys a Ragnaros? (whether the friendly or opposing one), that player deals 4 damage to the opponent's hero; as this is the only way to deal damage to the opponent, destroying Ragnaros? is the only way to secure victory in the Brawl. When a Ragnaros? is killed, a new copy is immediately summoned to take its place, ensuring that there is always one Ragnaros? on each side of the battlefield.
Special cards[edit | edit source]
Decks[edit | edit source]
|Echo of Medivh||1|
|Servant of Yogg-Saron||1|
|Neutral||Acidic Swamp Ooze||1|
Uther's deck has a large amount of buffs and various ways of killing Ragnaros? immediately.
|Blessing of Kings||1|
|Blessing of Might||1|
|Enter the Coliseum||1|
|Keeper of Uldaman||2|
|Seal of Champions||2|
|Grimy Goons||Don Han'Cho||1|
|Piloted Sky Golem||1|
Narrative[edit | edit source]
The first time that players enter the Tavern Brawl screen while Ahune's Superior Brawl is active, Ahune will appear and ask:
- Ahune: PERHAPS YOU WOULD LIKE TO TRY MY FROST BRAWL? IT IS MUCH COOOLER THAN RAGNAROS'S BRAWL!
The Frost Lord also appears periodically in the Brawl itself to commentate on the destruction of the Ragnaros? dummies. At the start of the game, he will say:
- Ahune: WHO SHALL DESTROY THE MOST FOOLS!?
He thereafter has a chance to appear and state any of the following whenever a Ragnaros? is destroyed:
- Ahune: AN EXCELLENT SCORE!
- Ahune: THIS IS MY REVENGE!
- Ahune: WHO'S 'AZEROTH'S MOST LIKELY TO GET KILLED BY ADVENTURERS' NOW!?
- Ahune: WHO HAS THE POWER NOW, FOOL OF FIRE?
- Ahune: WHO IS THE INSECT NOW!?
- Ahune: YES! CRUSH RAGNAROS!
If the player is defeated and loses the Brawl:
- Ahune: YOU MUST DESTROY RAGNAROS HARDER!
If the player wins the Brawl:
- Ahune: HUH, YOU TRULY DO HATE RAGNAROS.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Lord Jaraxxus, should he be obtained in the Brawl through the use of a random effect such as Unstable Portal, can be played normally and will change the controlling player's Health total to 15.
- It appears that Ragnaros? Deathrattle effect is also what causes a new Ragnaros? to be summoned, even though this is not shown in the card text itself. This means that when a friendly Ragnaros? dies while Spiritsinger Umbra is on the board, a new Ragnaros? will appear and deal 4 damage to the opponent before Umbra triggers its Deathrattle, causing yet another Ragnaros? to be summoned and deal damage to the opponent, and so on, repeatedly summoning Ragnaros? and dealing damage to the opponent until the player's side of the battlefield is full.
References[edit | edit source]
- I used to pray to RNGsus, then to Yogg. Now I have a new god. All hail Shifter Zerus! - reddit. (2017-07-19). Retrieved on 2017-07-20.
- I used to pray to RNGsus, then to Yogg. Now I have a new god. All hail Shifter Zerus! - Plays.tv. (2017-07-19). Retrieved on 2017-07-20.