Acidic Swamp Ooze
Battlecry: Destroy your opponent's weapon.
Oozes love Flamenco. Don't ask.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Two copies of Acidic Swamp Ooze are automatically included in all players' collections upon unlocking the rogue class.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Acidic Swamp Ooze's attack and health alone make it a good, cheap minion. Its additional ability to act as weapon removal makes it even more effective against decks featuring weapons. Warriors, rogues, paladins are the main weapon classes, but shamans and hunters can also use weapons. Warlocks who have been replaced by Lord Jaraxxus also use the Blood Fury weapon, and Acidic Swamp Ooze can be very effective against this.
It is recommended to hold onto this card when you're facing weapon-oriented heroes, such as rogues, warriors and paladins, unless you're absolutely sure they don't use weapons in their decks, or you believe they've already used them all.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Oozes are a type of mindless slime creatures. They are known to adapt to their environments, taking on aspects of their surroundings, which may account for the variety of oozes seen on Azeroth and beyond.
- These strange creatures share an elemental heritage, but have been corrupted by the powers of chaos. Now they exist as tortured masses of semi-sentient goo.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Acidic Swamp Ooze's flavor text is a reference to its card art during the Hearthstone alpha, which was a crude drawing of an ooze wearing a Flamenco hat, created by Dan Nguyen.
- The Acidic Swamp Ooze's effect of destroying a weapon can be seen as a parallel/reference to the Magic: The Gathering card Acidic Slime, which, upon being summoned, has the effect of destroying a target artifact, enchantment, or land card.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Ben Brode (2014-03-13). Twitter / bbrode.
- Noxious (2014-10-12). Back to the Interwebz and the Ooze Painting Has Arrived.