Achievements are self-contained game goals that offer challenges and satisfy goal-oriented players. They were added in the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire patch, along with the Rewards Track and revamped Quest systems.
Hearthstone's achievements system features achievements that are related to each class, the player's collection, ranked milestones, adventure content, Tavern Brawls, new modes such as Duels and Battlegrounds, and gameplay achievements that are tracked from match to match.
New achievements will be added with every expansion, future game mode, and major update. Some of the new achievements can be awarded retroactively to players that have already met the criteria. These are mostly done for achievements that are tied to collecting cards or already-existing trackers, such as reaching Legend rank.
Achievement system can be viewed by clicking on Journal icon () at the menu screen, and then the representation icon () at the Journal's navigation bar.
Achievement point[edit | edit source]
Achievement point () is a kind of resource that represents the player's accomplishments since they have started playing Hearthstone. Achievement points do not contribute anything to the player's economy, nor do they help the player collect cards and accumulate their collection.
Achievement points can be obtained by completing achievements. They can not be spent on anything.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Most of time, the achievements only reward achievement points and cosmetic items. To celebrate special occasions, the newest achievements may also reward XP ().
Achievements that only reward points will be represented by the point's icon, along with the amount. If they reward anything else other than points, they will be represented by a chest ().
Categories[edit | edit source]
Hearthstone's achievements come in several varieties. To help keeping track of all the different achievements the player can unlock, they can find the following categories in the achievements window:
Progression[edit | edit source]
There is no general rule to this category.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Gameplay achievements represent the player's accomplishments of playing games. They usually consist of special conditions while playing cards, or simply how many cards they have played so far.
- Gameplay achievements do not count while playing Casual games, Tavern Brawls, Friendly matches and Solo Adventures.
- To celebrate the newest expansion coming to Hearthstone, that expansion's achievements will also reward XP, as long as the player complete them before the next expansion is released.
- Although the achievements are labeled in classes, they do not require the player to play that exact class to complete, unless stated in their description.
Collection[edit | edit source]
Collection achievements represent how much their collection has achieved. In a way, they encourage the player to collect as many cards as possible.
- Collection achievements are associated with Duplicate protection, which means:
- Collection achievements count collected cards, not currently owned cards.
- If the player has disenchanted any cards since Year of the Phoenix, the achievements will not be lost progress, since the disenchanted cards were counted as "collected".
Adventures[edit | edit source]
Adventures achievements represent the player's accomplishments in Hearthstone's Solo Adventures.
There is no special rule to this category.
Game Modes[edit | edit source]
Game Modes achievements represent the player's accomplishments in Hearthstone's other game modes, besides Solo Adventures.
- To celebrate the newest mode coming to Hearthstone, some of that mode's achievements will also reward XP, as long as the player complete them before a specific date mentioned by Blizzard Entertainment.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.11661 (2021-01-28): Fixed a bug where Collection Achievement progress could get out of sync with the current contents of your collection.
- Patch 18.104.22.168003 (2021-01-21): Achievements no longer require time to reload. Animation when the player confirms completion is smoother. Alerts for Collection achievements now only appear after the player reveals all 5 cards of an opened pack.
- Patch 22.214.171.124600 (2020-12-15): (Undocumented) Achievements now require time to reload.
- Patch 126.96.36.199614 (2020-11-12): Added.