Gain an empty Mana Crystal.
Grow your own mana crystals with this Mana Crystal Growth Kit, only 39.99!
How to get[edit | edit source]
Wild Growth x 2 are automatically included in all players' collections.
Generated cards[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Mana Crystal you gain is permanent. Effects like Wild Growth are often referred to as a "mana ramp", as they allow you to quickly ramp up to higher costing-cost cards.
- Excess Mana is not only granted if you have 10 maximum mana, but also if you have 10 current mana and play it for 0, for example by using Innervate on turn 8.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Wild Growth is a key strategic card used to allow the druid to prematurely reach higher numbers of mana crystals, allowing them to put powerful and expensive minions and combos into play in advance of the opponent. By using multiple Wild Growths in combination with Innervate, the druid can place expensive minions such as Ysera or Cenarius onto the board several turns earlier than usual, potentially overwhelming their opponent.
Unlike temporary effects like Innervate, Wild Growth's permanent addition can be made use of for several turns after playing it, with the effect only rendered irrelevant once both players have reached 10 mana. Wild Growth therefore acts to trade tempo on the present turn for increased output capacity on the next several turns, a trade-off which is usually advantageous, provided the break in tempo does not lose the druid too much ground.
Excess Mana[edit | edit source]
Wild growth has a secondary function when a player reaches their mana crystal maximum. If cast when the player already has 10 mana crystals, it will generate an Excess Mana card for the player. They can use this to draw a card for free. This is designed to ensure that Wild Growth remains useful even later in the game, when you already have maximum mana.
Playing Wild Growth on turn 9 provides no advantage as the game's mana progression will provide the player a 10th mana crystal the next turn anyway. The player should think ahead and consider the point at which it becomes more advantageous to hold onto the card until 10 mana is reached, in order to at least obtain an Excess Mana from its use.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Wild Growth is a targeted AoE druid heal over time spell from World of Warcraft. It heals several of the most injured allies within 30 yards of the selected target, healing quickly at first and slowing down as it reaches its full duration.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the collectible card game Magic: The Gathering, 'Wild Growth' is a long-present, basic nature-themed mana acceleration spell, serving a near-identical purpose to its Hearthstone counterpart.
- Also in Magic: The Gathering, 'Rampant Growth' is a spell that functions exactly like Hearthstone's Wild Growth, costing 2 mana and granting the user a tapped land (equivalent to an empty mana crystal). 'Rampant Growth's' name and use also inspired the Ramp type decks both in MTG and Hearthstone.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r66qdxHnAb8&t=1m26s Tested in Patch 22.214.171.12486 (TGT patch)
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2014-05-22).