|Tags:||Area of Effect, Ongoing effect, Pirate-related|
Your other Pirates have +1/+1.
When he saves enough plunder, he's going to commission an enormous captain's hat. He has hat envy.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Southsea Captain can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Southsea Captain can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Southsea Captain||1600||400|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Use the Southsea Captain for a pirate-themed deck. Southsea Captain is most useful when you have a number of pirates out and you need to keep them alive or deal extra damage. As a 3/3 for 3 mana, he may be a good early drop if you do not have a better minion available. Play two at once and you will have two 4/4 minions for 6 mana and your other pirates will have +2/+2.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Trust the Pirate's Code.
- Scurvy dog!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The Southsea Freebooters, a small fleet of pirates, have no landward home — at least none that authorities have found — but are a common sight along the coast of the Barrens and Tanaris, and have even recently appeared in the flooded Thousand Needles. Their connection with the Northsea Freebooters is unclear, but the Northsea Freebooters seem to have a severe disliking of the Southsea ones.
- The Southsea Freebooters have several bases located along the southeastern coasts of Kalimdor.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Heroes of Azeroth" series, for the card Sunken Treasure.
- This card depicts Fleet Master Seahorn, a tauren pirate found in Booty Bay. This is a little odd, since Seahorn is neither a captain nor is found in the South Seas.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Alpha patch (unknown date, pre-May 2013): Text changed from "Battlecry: Return a hero's weapon to his hand." to "Your other Pirates have +1/+1."