He likes to act like he's in charge, but the silverback matriarch actually runs things.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Silverback Patriarch x 2 are automatically included in all players' collections.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Silverback Patriarch is generally considered an overcosted/understatted card, with very little potential despite its Beast type. New players may find this card of use if building an early game Taunt-heavy deck, but it is otherwise not recommended.
Within the Basic card set, Silverback Patriarch competes with Ironfur Grizzly in the 3 mana slot, which is superior when stats are compared (2 more Attack at the expense of 1 Health). Various cards from other sets are strictly better/cheaper when compared stat-wise:
- Gnomeregan Infantry has exactly the same stats and Charge to boot.
- Squirming Tentacle has 1 more Attack for the same mana cost.
- Twilight Geomancer has the same stats while being 1 mana cheaper and also providing the Taunt buff to C'Thun.
- Stonehill Defender has the same stats but lets you discover a taunt minion.
- Tar Creeper has 1 extra health and gains attack on your opponent's turn.