- For the card of the same name, see Silence (card)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Removes all enchantments
- Removes all card text from affected minions, including:
- Does not remove:
- Also does not remove ongoing effects continuously provided by another minion (e.g., Raid Leader, Stormwind Champion). However, ongoing effects can be removed by silencing the minion generating the effect.
- Silencing a target will only remove currently active effects. New enchantments can still be applied to a silenced minion to full effect. Targets may be silenced repeatedly.
- Note that Silence itself is not an enchantment; rather it is an effect which is applied once to the target minion. Silences cannot therefore be dispelled (e.g., by using another silence) or otherwise removed while the minion is on the battlefield. However, returning a silenced minion to its owner's hand will restore the minion to its original stats and card text, removing the silence.
- When removing enchantments that affect Health, silencing may act to increase or reduce Health (since Health is automatically increased by the same amount as any gain in maximum Health), and may therefore restore wounded minions to full Health. See Health, buffs and taking damage for details.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
It is possible to silence your own minions, which can be useful for removing Freeze effects and negative enchantments, such as Corruption, or Power Overwhelming after having used the minion to attack. However, silencing will still remove any other magic effects, taunts, or buffs, so this may be undesirable for use with many minions. Silencing your own minion will also get rid of possible negative effects for you, like the increased minion cost on Venture Co. Mercenary, or the attack prevention on Ancient Watcher.
Cards with Silence[edit | edit source]
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
|Earth Shock||Common||Spell||Shaman||1||Silence a minion, then deal 1 damage to it. Earth Shock? Shouldn't it be "Azeroth Shock"?|
|Ironbeak Owl||Common||Minion||Beast||Any||2||2||1||Battlecry: Silence a minion. Their wings are silent but their screech is... whatever the opposite of silent is.|
|Silence||Common||Spell||Priest||0||Silence a minion. Reserved for enemy spellcasters, evil liches from beyond the grave, and karaoke nights at the Grim Guzzler.|
|Spellbreaker||Common||Minion||General||Any||4||4||3||Battlecry: Silence a minion. Spellbreakers can rip enchantments from magic-wielders. The process is painless and can be performed on an outpatient basis.|
|Keeper of the Grove||Rare||Minion||General||Druid||4||2||4||Choose One - Deal 2 damage; or Silence a minion. These guys just show up and start Keeping your Groves without even asking.|
|Light's Champion||Rare||Minion||General||Any||3||4||3||Battlecry: Silence a Demon. When there's something strange (say, a gibbering demon) in your neighborhood, who are you going to call?|
|Mass Dispel||Rare||Spell||Priest||4||Silence all enemy minions. Draw a card. It dispels buffs, powers, hopes, and dreams.|
|Wailing Soul||Rare||Minion||General||Any||4||3||5||Battlecry: Silence your other minions. This soul just wails on you. Dang, soul, let up already.|
|Showing all 8 cards|
|By minion type|
|By effect type|
|By card set|