|Tags:||Battlefield-related, In-hand effect, Ongoing effect|
Costs (1) less for each other minion on the battlefield.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Sea Giant can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Sea Giant can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Sea Giant||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The mana cost of this card is reduced by 1 for each other minion currently on the battlefield (thus including both friendly and enemy minions).
- The mana cost of this card cannot be reduced below 0. However, further cost-reductions can help in countering cost-increasing effects like Freezing Trap.
- This card has an in-hand effect: it modifies its own mana cost only while in the player's hand, and not while the card is anywhere else.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The Sea Giant works excellently in decks that focus primarily on getting many minions out onto the field quickly, as that allows the Sea Giant to rapidly enter the field. A good example is a warlock or shaman Murloc rush deck.
Similarly, the Sea Giant can be useful in situations where your opponent has a lot of (cheap) minions on the board, with its efficient mana cost potentially turning the tide of the game.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Titans created the gentle, aquatic sea giants to dredge the oceans and to serve as guardians of Azeroth’s coastlines and oceans, and the fierce giants act as protectors of the waters even now. They keep a wary eye on ships and upon those who make their living on the ocean, such as fisherfolk. While not evil creatures, sea giants care nothing for the laws of land dwellers or the lives of the small beings that trespass in the waves.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Sea Giant is one of the original three Giants in Hearthstone. Several more have been added in expansions and adventure sets. All Giants are 8/8 epic neutral minion cards, featuring a theme of their mana cost being reduced by a specific game factor.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "March of the Legion" series, for the card The Name of the Beast. It depicts Lord Arkkoroc.
- From Wowpedia:
- Lord Arkkoroc was a level 60 sea giant quest giver located in the Temple of Arkkoran in the contested territory of Azshara. Loramus Thalipedes described him as a lesser deity, and his sons, the sea giants, patrolled around the temple. Many of Lord Arkkoroc's sons were slain by the hydra Hetaera, and he sought revenge.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Alpha patch 2 (2013-08-12): Now has 8 Attack, 8 Health, down from 10 Attack, 10 Health. Mana cost lowered from 12 to 10.