|Abilities:||Destroy, Restore Health|
Destroy a Demon. Restore #5 Health to your hero.
This is the reason that Demons never really become friends with Warlocks.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Sacrificial Pact x 2 are a reward for raising a warlock to level 8.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This spell has two steps:
- Sacrificial Pact will no longer be offered for selection in Arena, since the 15th of September 2016. However, it is still obtainable in Arena matches through random effects, such as Spellslinger.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Sacrificial Pact can be used on either your own or your opponent's Demon, making it particularly useful against other warlocks. Additionally, Sacrificial Pact can also be used on Lord Jaraxxus after he has become the opposing hero to result in an instant win. It is also an excellent counter to Mirror Entity; no matter how strong the Demon you're about to play is, you can simply destroy the copy of your Demon with the Sacrificial Pact.
Can be combined with Power Overwhelming to allow a Demon to deal massive combat damage before then healing the warlock, with no additional sacrifice.
Can also be combined with Dreadsteed to restore 5 Health without any sacrifice.
Lore[edit | edit source]
The unusual relationship between warlocks and their summoned demons is well-documented.
- Warlocks command the obedience of mighty demons, summoning and dismissing them at will, using them as they see fit and sacrificing them the moment it serves the warlock's interests. Even the mighty infernals bow before the will of the warlock.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During the game's alpha this spell was called "Grimoire of Sacrifice".
- In One Night in Karazhan's Free Medivh! encounter, if played against Malchezaar, Sacrificial Pact will be Countered, triggering the dialogue "Hahaha! That could never work on a true Eredar Lord!" However, if cast by Yogg-Saron, it will successfully kill off Malchezaar.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1190 (2013-10-02): Mana cost now 0, down from 2. Destroy a Demon. Restore 5 health to your hero. [0 mana, Common]
- Patch 18.104.22.16888 (2013-06-22): Renamed from "Grimoire of Sacrifice" to "Sacrificial Pact".
- Previously: Destroy a Demon. Restore 5 health to your hero. [2 mana, Common]