Removed cards are valid Hearthstone cards which have been removed from play. These cards can no longer be collected or found in-game. All of the current list of removed cards were removed during the related content's alpha or closed beta test phases.
To be included on this page, cards and heroes should have a strong basis of factual existence prior to removal. Ideally, card data from the game itself; otherwise screenshots, or at the very least a concrete reference from a reliable source stating its existence.
Cards[edit | edit source]
Without images[edit | edit source]
- Grounding Totem was in Hearthstone for "a long time", removed just before the start of beta. The developers tried "a lot of directions" for the card before removing it.
- Unknown druid card: "Choose One: Change a minion's Attack to 0 this turn; or deal 2 damage to a minion that attacked last turn." This card was removed "in early development".
Renamed cards[edit | edit source]
The following are former names of existing cards.
- Alchemist - Crazed Alchemist
- Blacksilt Shorestriker - Murloc Tidehunter
- Chaos Bolt - Demonfire
- Death Coil - Mortal Coil
- Grimoire of Sacrifice - Sacrificial Pact
- Wilderness Support - Tracking
Tutorial[edit | edit source]
Adventures[edit | edit source]
This section includes boss cards, Hero Powers, and bosses and replacement heroes that were removed from adventures during development.
Tavern Brawls[edit | edit source]
This section includes boss cards, Hero Powers, and bosses and replacement heroes that were removed from Tavern Brawls during development. Only cards which are strongly believed to have been removed are listed here; for Tavern Brawl cards of currently unknown purpose, see Unknown Tavern Brawls.