The next spell you cast this turn costs (3) less.
"Be Prepared" - Rogue Motto
How to get[edit | edit source]
Preparation can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Preparation can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Preparation attaches an enchantment to your hero, meaning that if you replace your hero (such as by playing Lord Jaraxxus) the enchantment will be removed and lost.
Current bugs[edit | edit source]
- As of Patch 188.8.131.5233 (LoE patch), If you play Preparation, Summoning Stone then play a spell, you pay the Preparation-discounted cost but Summoning Stone summons a minion according to the undiscounted cost. (Gazlowe also uses the undiscounted cost to decide whether to trigger or not.)
- As of Patch 184.108.40.20633 (LoE patch), If you play Preparation then a spell with Overload, you do not gain any Overload. In addition, Unbound Elementals will trigger as normal, but Tunnel Troggs will gain Attack only if played BEFORE the Preparation was.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Like most rogue spells, Preparation's cost makes it ideal to prime a combo card; for example, combined with Headcrack, both cards fulfill their respective potential. As a free spell used in combination with other spells, it is excellent for use with cards such as Violet Teacher and Gadgetzan Auctioneer, and in such decks is best saved for when one of these minions is on the board.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1190 (2013-10-02): Now reduces cost by (3), up from (2).
- Previously: The next spell you cast this turn costs (2) less. [0 mana, Epic]
References[edit | edit source]
- https://gist.github.com/culinko/62034ed8f8847ab4eeda https://gist.github.com/culinko/58e5f6a8c46b6fcb754b Tested in Patch 18.104.22.16886 (TGT patch)
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - Building the Fire (UK). (2013-03-19).