The next spell you cast this turn costs (3) less.
"Be Prepared" - Rogue Motto
How to get[edit | edit source]
Preparation can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Preparation can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This card's effect creates a cost-modification enchantment attached to your player: this means that it will not be cancelled if your hero is replaced by Ragnaros or Lord Jaraxxus. This enchantment reduces by 3 the mana cost of spell cards in your hand, but wears off as soon as you play a spell or at the end of your turn (whichever happens first).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Like most rogue spells, Preparation's cost makes it ideal to prime a Combo card; for example, combined with Headcrack, both cards fulfill their respective potential. As a free spell used in combination with other spells, it is excellent for use with cards such as Violet Teacher and Gadgetzan Auctioneer, and in such decks is best saved for when one of these minions is on the board.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Fixed bugs[edit | edit source]
- Until Patch 18.104.22.16874 (WotOG patch), Preparation attached an enchantment to your hero, meaning that if you replaced your hero (such as by playing Lord Jaraxxus) the enchantment will be removed and lost. However, the enchantment can not be removed through Silences, such as by using Light's Champion on the Lord Jaraxxus hero, because it is explicitly set to be unsilenceable. (As of Patch 22.214.171.12433 (LoE patch), Light's Champion can no longer target the Lord Jaraxxus hero.)
- If you played Preparation, Summoning Stone then played a spell, you paid the Preparation-discounted cost but Summoning Stone summoned a minion according to the undiscounted cost. (Gazlowe also used the undiscounted cost to decide whether to trigger or not.) This bug was fixed in Patch 126.96.36.19974 (WotOG patch).
- Starting in Patch 188.8.131.5233 (LoE patch), if you played Preparation then a spell with Overload, you did not gain any Overload. In addition, Unbound Elementals would trigger as normal, but Tunnel Troggs would gain Attack only if played BEFORE the Preparation was. This bug was fixed in Patch 184.108.40.20656 (2015-12-04).
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1190 (2013-10-02): Now reduces cost by (3), up from (2).
- Previously: The next spell you cast this turn costs (2) less. [0 mana, Epic]
References[edit | edit source]
- https://gist.github.com/culinko/62034ed8f8847ab4eeda https://gist.github.com/culinko/58e5f6a8c46b6fcb754b Tested in Patch 18.104.22.16886 (TGT patch)
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - Building the Fire (UK). (2013-03-19).