Power of the Wild
|Abilities:||Choose One, Increment attribute, Summon|
|Tags:||Area of Effect, Beast-generating|
Choose One - Give your minions +1/+1; or Summon a 3/2 Panther.
Never look a panther in the eye. Or is it 'Always look a panther in the eye'? Well, it's one of those.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Power of the Wild can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Power of the Wild can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Power of the Wild||40||5|
|Golden Power of the Wild||400||50|
Choose One cards[edit | edit source]
- Summoned minions
Strategy[edit | edit source]
As a Choose One card, druids can choose one of two effects for the card. What to choose depends on the situation at hand.
- Summon a Panther - summons a 3/2 Panther.
- The Panther minion is a reasonable if unexciting 3/2 body for 2 mana, and can prove valuable if you are in quick need of a minion. If you have an empty board, drop the panther down. It is worth noting that the Panther is a Beast for synergies with Druid of the Fang and other Beast-dependent effects. 7 mana nets you a 7/7 and a 3/2 on the board, which is very nice. Make sure you play the Panther first as the mechanic on Druid of the Fang checks your board, not your hand.
- Leader of the Pack - grants your minions +1/+1.
- This is potentially a powerful buff, affecting all your current minions. However, its benefit depends on how many minions you currently have, as well as the specific details of their value in terms of the current board situation. This effect is very useful for buffing the survivability of fragile minions or to make a game ending attack on the enemy hero. It has great synergy with fragile taunt cards such as Goldshire Footman.
Leader of the Pack is potentially far more powerful than Summon a Panther, but depends on your current minions to be of use. The Panther is underwhelming in comparison, but adds versatility to this card when you have few or no minions.
Ideally, use Leader of the Pack to improve the survivability of fragile minions, to allow weaker minions to overpower mighty adversaries, or use it when you have a full board of minions and reap a combined +7/+7 benefit from this 2 mana card. Alternatively, the Panther makes a fine weaker minion when your side of the board is empty.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Crown of the Heavens" series, for the card Ferocious Cat Form.