|Tags:||Murloc-related, Ongoing effect|
Charge. Has +1 Attack for each other Murloc on the battlefield.
He's a legend among murlocs. "Mrghllghghllghg!", they say.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Required cards[edit | edit source]
These must either be crafted, or obtained through card packs or Arena rewards. Crafting one regular version of each of these Murlocs will cost 700 Arcane Dust, while crafting one golden copy of each will cost 4000.
Obtaining one copy of each golden basic Murloc card is achieved by levelling the following classes: a paladin to level 53; a priest to level 51; a rogue to 53; and a warlock to 53. There is no need to level any other classes.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Old Murk-Eye is the cheapest craftable legendary card in the game, because you only need 700 dust to craft one of each other non-Basic Murlocs, earning the Old Murk-Eye card, compared to the 1600 dust required to directly craft any other legendary.
- The best strategy for obtaining both golden and regular versions of Old Murk-Eye is to specifically aim to obtain the golden version. Simply grind the classes required for the Basic set goldens (just one of each golden is enough), and then craft the golden Classic Murlocs. This creates two Old Murk-Eye cards (both golden and regular) for less work.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
A 4 mana 2/4 minion, Old Murk-Eye provides Murloc-themed aggro decks a late-game finisher (late by this deck's standards) through utilizing its Charge ability. This card is best played as a game-finishing attack that your opponent was not preparing for. Aside from Bluegill Warrior, this is the only powerful Murloc card with Charge.
Synergy[edit | edit source]
These cards can be used to buff other minions of the same subtype, or gain buffs from Murlocs on the field:
- Grimscale Oracle - ALL other Murlocs gain +1 Attack
- Coldlight Seer - (Battlecry) Give ALL other Murlocs +2 Health
- Murloc Warleader - ALL other Murlocs have +2/+1
- Murloc Tidecaller - Whenever a Murloc is summoned, gain +1 attack
- Old Murk-Eye - Has Charge and +1 Attack for each other Murloc on the battlefield
Lore[edit | edit source]
Old Murk-Eye is a murloc leader who terrorises the coast of Westfall. He coerced the weaker minded murlocs to raid the Westfall Lighthouse with him, claiming the area for the murlocs.
- Old Murk-Eye is a level 20 named murloc that patrols the shore of Westfall, near the old Westfall Lighthouse. Captain Grayson wants Murk-Eye killed. Murk-Eye is slightly stronger than his murloc lackeys around him.
In Hearthstone[edit | edit source]
If Old Murk-Eye is played during the Giantfin encounter, Giantfin responds "Middlefin, what are you doing here?" This suggests familiarity, possibly even a familial relationship between the two; note the scale of Tinyfin, Middlefin and Giantfin. As Giantfin himself is original to Hearthstone, this is clearly a new piece of lore.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The card art for Murloc Scout/Murloc (minion), Murloc Raider and Old Murk-Eye originate from the same picture.
- Old Murk-Eye may have originally been inspired by Old One Eye, a unique Tyranid Carnifex from Warhammer 40,000.
- If Old Murk-Eye is played during the Giantfin encounter in The League of Explorers, Old Murk-Eye is referred to by Sir Finley Mrrgglton as "Middlefin".
- There is a bug that allows players to obtain more than one copy of Old Murk-Eye, though the extra copies cannot be disenchanted or included in a deck.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.20688 (2013-06-22): Moved from the Expert set to the Reward set.