Naga Sea Witch
|Set:||The League of Explorers|
Your cards cost (5).
If she had studied harder, she would have been a C+ witch.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Naga Sea Witch||400||100|
|Golden Naga Sea Witch||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This card's ongoing effect sets the mana cost of the cards in its controller's hand to 5, regardless of the original mana cost of those cards.
- This card's effect follows the general rule that multiple cost modifications take effect in order of play: for additional details, see Mana cost.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card is difficult to use. Ideally you would play it on curve then on the next few turns you would be able to play a card you wouldn't normally be able to due to their high mana cost. However due to this effect until Naga Sea Witch's effect ends (by silence or death) you are limited to playing only 1 card per turn until you have 10 Mana Crystals. Then at that point you are limited to two cards per turn. This can greatly limit your tempo if mishandled (in other words If your hand would normally allow you to play more then one card if not for Naga Sea Witch's effect).
This card could work in a control deck, playing it on turn 5 (or turn 4 with The Coin) followed by a 9 or 10 mana minion on turn 6/5 - providing the opponent hasn't destroyed the Naga Sea Witch on their turn.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- I will not be trifled with.
- For the empress.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The serpentine Naga are some of the most formidable villains of Azeroth. Masters of sorcery, the naga were formerly night elves, members of Queen Azshara's court in the War of the Ancients. They were transformed into naga by the Old Gods, and now haunt the seas of Azeroth building a great civilization on the ocean floor.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.16833 (2015-11-10): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Blizzcon 2015 Hearthstone League of Explorers Panel – 1080p. (2015-11-07).