With the arrival of Whispers of the Old Gods and game formats, the wiki has switched over to Standard format.
The preferred format for new and advanced players alike, most card lists will from now on only show cards valid in Standard format, making it easier for readers to find the information they're looking for.
For those interested in Wild format, Wild listings can now be found on subpages, such as Deathrattle/Wild format, linked just above main card listings, and Wild strategy and tips are still featured in our articles.
Battlecry: Summon a 1/1 Murloc Scout.
"Death will rise, from the tides!"
How to get[edit | edit source]
Murloc Tidehunter x 2 are automatically included in all players' collections.
Summoned minions[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The Murloc Tidehunter is a cheap way to fill up on murlocs. When summoned, he brings along a 1/1 murloc as well. When used with Murloc Warleader, the Tidehunter becomes very cost effective, giving you a 4/2 and 3/2 for the low cost of 2 mana. The Coldlight Seer can be used to boost their survivability, but while the Murloc Warleader will boost any murloc summoned after it has been summoned, the Coldlight Seer will only buff those that are out when it is summoned.
Synergy[edit | edit source]
These cards can be used to buff other minions of the same subtype OR gain buffs from Murlocs on the field:
- Grimscale Oracle - ALL other Murlocs gain +1 Attack
- Coldlight Seer - (Battlecry) Give ALL other Murlocs +2 Health
- Murloc Warleader - ALL other Murlocs have +2/+1
- Murloc Tidecaller - Whenever a Murloc is summoned, gain +1 attack
- Old Murk-Eye - Has +1 Attack for each other Murloc on the battlefield
Lore[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card's flavor text is a lyric from the Elite Tauren Chieftain song "I Am Murloc".
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Unknown alpha patch: Attack increased to 2, from 1. Name changed from "Blacksilt Shorestriker" to "Murloc Tidehunter".