|Tags:||Murloc-related, Summoning-related, Triggered effect|
Whenever a Murloc is summoned, gain +1 Attack.
This guy gets crazy strong at family reunions.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Murloc Tidecaller can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Murloc Tidecaller can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Murloc Tidecaller||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Note that this minion's triggered effect activates whenever a murloc is summoned. This includes friendly and enemy murlocs, as well as those summoned by other murlocs such as Murloc Tidehunter.
- The timing for Murloc Tidecaller is that its triggered effect activates prior to the application of any auras, and the activation of any card text.
- An unusual interaction with Mirror Entity is that playing a Murloc Tidecaller into Mirror Entity causes the original to buff itself in reaction to the copy being made before the copy effect happens, meaning that both the original and the copy will end as 2/2 minions.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
As a one mana minion benefiting from other summoned minions of the same sub-type, this card is best played on turn one, gaining the most benefit from a turn two Murloc Tidehunter. This card can easily get out of hand, and can be quite difficult and costly to take out if the Coldlight Seer comes into play and buffs its health.
Synergy[edit | edit source]
These cards can be used to buff other minions of the same subtype OR gain buffs from Murlocs on the field:
- Grimscale Oracle - ALL other Murlocs gain +1 Attack
- Coldlight Seer - (Battlecry) Give ALL other Murlocs +2 Health
- Murloc Warleader - ALL other Murlocs have +2/+1
- Murloc Tidecaller - Whenever a Murloc is summoned, gain +1 attack
- Old Murk-Eye - Has +1 Attack for each other Murloc on the battlefield
Lore[edit | edit source]
'Tidecaller' seems to refer to a specific role or class, with the title found among many types of murloc, and even other race such as the makrura. In World of Warcraft, the specific name "Murloc Tidecaller" is used by a type of level 16 murloc found in the Redridge Mountains.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12488 (2013-06-22): Had a wording change from "played" to "summoned".
- Unknown alpha patch: New art added. Previous art given to Bluegill Warrior.
- Earlier alpha version: Battlecry: Return a random Murloc from your graveyard to your hand. [1 mana, 1 Attack, 2 Health]
References[edit | edit source]
- Tested by User:Taohinton 2015-02-02, using both Battlecry and aura-generating murlocs; in all cases the Tidecaller activated first
- File:Development - collection4.jpg