|Tags:||Hand-related, In-hand effect, Ongoing effect|
Costs (1) less for each other card in your hand.
His mother said that he was just big boned.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Mountain Giant can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Mountain Giant can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Mountain Giant||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Mountain Giant has a variable mana cost, determined by the number of cards in the owner's hand other than the Giant itself.
Other cards in hand 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Mana cost 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3
- If you only have a Mountain Giant in your hand, it will cost 12 mana crystals.
- If you have a Mountain Giant and nine other cards, it will cost 3 mana crystals.
- These costs can be changed by other cost-modifying effects.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
If you need just one more Mana Crystal in order to summon the Mountain Giant, do not use The Coin (unless you have a Gadgetzan Auctioneer or the enemy has Trade Prince Gallywix on the board). The Coin is a card; playing it will increase the cost of the Giant by one.
When planning a turn involving Mountain Giants, do not forget that the cost will increase with every card played (unless the card draws others). Therefore, it is often wise to play Mountain Giant as the first card of the turn, or after any draw effects have been activated. This is particularly easy to forget when playing two Mountain Giants in a row: The second one will cost one more than the first. For instance, with a full hand, two Mountain Giants will each show 3 mana cost, but once the first is played the second will cost 4, resulting in a total cost of 7 for the pair.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Mountain giants are colossal creatures, crafted by the titans when the world was young, composed of living stone and stout flora. Benevolent and solitary by nature, the mountain giants have awakened to find that the tranquil world they once helped to shape has become a hectic battlefield of fire and sorrow. Now the mountain giants have pledged their courage and strength to the night elves' cause — and stand ready to banish the last remnants of the Burning Legion from the world. These massive melee units can take incredible amounts of punishment from attackers.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mountain Giant is one of 5 Giants currently in Hearthstone, the others being Clockwork Giant, Frost Giant, Molten Giant and Sea Giant. All 5 are 8/8 epic neutral minion cards, featuring a theme of their mana cost being reduced by a specific game factor.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Alpha patch 2 (2013-08-12): Now has 8 Attack, 8 Health, down from 10 Attack, 10 Health.