|Tags:||Hand-related, In-hand effect|
Costs (1) less for each other card in your hand.
His mother said that he was just big boned.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Mountain Giant can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Mountain Giant can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Mountain Giant||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
The Mountain Giant's key feature is its variable mana cost, determined by the number of other cards in the owner's hand (without counting the Giant itself).
|Cards in hand||0||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9|
- If you only have a Mountain Giant in your hand, it will cost 12 mana crystals.
- If you have a Mountain Giant and nine other cards, it will cost 3 mana crystals.
- If you have two Mountain Giants in your hand and another eight cards, the first Giant will cost 3 and the second one will cost 4 mana crystals.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
If you need just one more Mana Crystal in order to summon the Mountain Giant, do not use The Coin (unless you have a Gadgetzan Auctioneer or the enemy has Trade Prince Gallywix on the board). The Coin is a card; playing it will increase the cost of the Giant by one.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Mountain giants are colossal creatures, crafted by the titans when the world was young, composed of living stone and stout flora. Benevolent and solitary by nature, the mountain giants have awakened to find that the tranquil world they once helped to shape has become a hectic battlefield of fire and sorrow. Now the mountain giants have pledged their courage and strength to the night elves' cause — and stand ready to banish the last remnants of the Burning Legion from the world. These massive melee units can take incredible amounts of punishment from attackers.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mountain Giant is one of 5 Giants currently in Hearthstone, the others being Clockwork Giant, Frost Giant, Molten Giant and Sea Giant. All 5 are 8/8 epic neutral minion cards, featuring a theme of their mana cost being reduced by a specific game factor.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Alpha patch 2 (2013-08-12): Now has 8 Attack, 8 Health, down from 10 Attack, 10 Health.