|Abilities:||Deal damage, Draw cards|
Deal 1 damage to a minion. If that kills it, draw a card.
If your spells look like horrifying skulls, let's be honest, you should get to draw some cards.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Mortal Coil x 2 are a reward for raising a warlock to level 4.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Mortal Coil deals damage, including resolving all on-damage triggers, before checking its condition for drawing. As of Patch 184.108.40.20674 (WotOG patch), minions that have been set pending destroy, such as by Acidmaw, are considered to be dying, and the condition will thus be satisfied.
- The secondary effect of this spell does not actually activate in response to the death of the minion, but rather in response to the minion becoming mortally wounded (0 or less Health) or pending destroy (hit by a Destroy effect this Phase). As a result, it will cause the player to draw a card before the minion actually dies. This can be significant, such as if using it upon a Clockwork Gnome with a full hand; the player will draw a card from their deck, and will fail to draw a the Spare Part.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
In addition to the obvious removal potential, it is important to note that this spell can be cast at your own minion in order to draw a card (particularly useful in decks that are designed to draw as many cards as possible). It can also be played as a last ditch effort to draw a card that could save you from losing (such as a taunt) when at low life.
It is very helpful to increase spell damage for Mortal Coil in particular, as it will allow it to take out medium sized minions such as Shattered Sun Cleric and draw a card for a mere 1 mana.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Mortal Coil is a talented warlock spell from World of Warcraft. It causes the target to run in horror for 3 seconds, and restores a portion of the warlock's health. It is very useful as a form of crowd control, as well as a regular method of maintaining health levels.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card may have been named "Death Coil" during the game's alpha. Death Coil was the predecessor to the World of Warcraft ability Mortal Coil, but was replaced with Mists of Pandaria.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
Patch 220.127.116.1188 (2013-06-22): Name changed from "Death Coil" to "Mortal Coil".
References[edit | edit source]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWPF-DezC3Y Tested in Patch 18.104.22.16857 (2015-09-29)
- Tested by User:Taohinton, 2015-02-22. Clockwork Gnome died with a full hand; Deathrattle triggered but had no effect.