Secret: When a character attacks your hero, instead he attacks another random character.
Sometimes it's as simple as putting on a fake mustache and pointing at someone else.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Misdirection can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Misdirection can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As of Patch 220.127.116.1133 (LoE patch), Snake Trap, Freezing Trap, Misdirection and Explosive Trap all trigger in play order. Freezing Trap and Misdirection will decide not to trigger if the attacker is mortally wounded (0 or less Health) or no longer in play. Additionally, Misdirection has the requirement that there must be a third, non-mortally wounded character to be redirected to.
- This means that Freezing Trap or Explosive Trap triggering before Misdirection can prevent Misdirection from activating. However, if Misdirection is played first, Freezing Trap or Explosive Trap will trigger after it, and may render Misdirection having triggered meaningless.
- In particular, if the target of Misdirection is mortally wounded by Explosive Trap, the combat will be cancelled and the attacking minion will not be exhausted, able to attack again this turn. However, if Explosive Trap triggers first, and mortally wounds either the attacker or all other possible targets for Misdirection, Misdirection will not trigger.
- Misdirection functions for both minion and hero attacks, and can select any minion or hero that is in play and not mortally wounded as a target. It will not trigger if there are no such targets (for example if you are attacking with your Hero into Explosive Trap + Misdirection and Explosive Trap mortally wounds all your minions, and your opponent's board is empty - or if you are attacking with your Hero into Misdirection, and no minions are in play).
- Prior to Patch 18.104.22.16857 (2015-09-29), Misdirection would fail to trigger if you attacked into it with your hero and all other targets were Stealthed minions. Now it will trigger, and it can select a Stealthed minion as a target.
- If one of your minions is misdirected to attack your Hero, the attack value listed on your Hero's portrait will be dealt to the minion.
- Combat involving Misdirection may also trigger other secrets which would not have triggered from attacking the original target. For example, if an attack was directed at the enemy Hero, but was redirected to target an enemy minion, Snake Trap can also trigger. (Note that your own Secrets cannot trigger on your own turn, so the Misdirected minion attacking one of your own minions or your own Hero will not trigger your own Secrets.)
Lore[edit | edit source]
Misdirection is a hunter ability in World of Warcraft that causes the hunter to shift all threat caused by their next attack and all actions afterward for four seconds to a pre-selected target (such as a tank in a raid).