Secret: When a character attacks your hero, instead he attacks another random character.
Sometimes it's as simple as putting on a fake mustache and pointing at someone else.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Misdirection functions for both minion and hero attacks.
- When this effect says random, it means random. The attack can be directed towards either hero or any other minion on the board. However, Misdirection will not direct the attacker to attack the original target, or itself. Misdirection will not trigger if there are no minions on the board and the opposing hero attacks into the secret.
- Prior to Patch 220.127.116.1157 (2015-09-29), Misdirection would fail to trigger if you attacked into it with your hero and all other targets were Stealthed minions. Now it will trigger, and it can select a Stealthed minion as a target.
- Combat involving Misdirection generally functions by the normal rules, with both attacker and defender potentially dealing damage. For example, a minion attacking the enemy hero will take no damage and survive the round, but if Misdirected to attack another minion, may instead be destroyed. However, there is one exception: if an attacking minion is Misdirected to attack its own hero, and that hero currently has a weapon or attack value, the hero will deal that amount of damage to the minion.
- If the hunter has additional secrets which are also triggered by the same attack which triggers Misdirection, remember that secrets are activated in the order in which they were originally played. However, removing the specific target for a targeted secret like Misdirection will prevent that secret from taking effect.
- For example, if a minion attacks a hero with both Misdirection and Freezing Trap active, if Freezing Trap triggers first, the minion will be returned to their owner's hand and thus will not trigger Misdirection, since there is no longer a minion for it to affect; while if Misdirection triggers first, the attacker will receive a different target, but will then be returned by Freezing Trap to the owner's hand before the minion is allowed to deal damage. Regardless of whether the Misdirected minion is allowed to complete its attack upon its new target, once Misdirection has been triggered and taken effect it will be consumed. Because of this, care should be taken when combining Misdirection with Freezing Trap.
- Explosive Trap can also affect Misdirection. If the Explosive Trap triggers first, it can remove potential new targets for the Misdirected minion, which can be useful. However, if Misdirection triggers first, the new target for the Misdirected minion may be destroyed by the Explosive Trap. In this case, the original attacker's attack will be cancelled and they can attack again.
- Combat involving Misdirection may also trigger other secrets which would not have triggered from attacking the original target. For example, if an attack was directed at an enemy minion, but is misdirected to attack the enemy hero, it may activate an Explosive Trap which would otherwise not have been triggered. However, since secrets can only trigger on the enemy's turn, the attacking player's own secrets cannot be activated as a result of an enemy Misdirection.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Misdirection is a hunter ability in World of Warcraft that causes the hunter to shift all threat caused by their next attack and all actions afterward for four seconds to a pre-selected target (such as a tank in a raid).
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X489LReL2QI Tested in Patch 18.104.22.16857 (Boom Bot vs. Annoy-o-Tron Tavern Brawl patch)