Battlecry: Enemy spells cost (0) next turn.
"I'm gonna light you up, sweetcheeks!"
- For the tutorial hero of the same name, see Millhouse Manastorm (hero)
How to get
|Golden Millhouse Manastorm||3200||1600|
- Millhouse Manastorm's mana cost modification effect will not be cancelled if the affected hero is replaced by Lord Jaraxxus.
Millhouse Manastorm is meant to give you an early advantage in any game. If you play first he can be a turn 2 4/4, and if you go second he can be a turn 1 4/4. Either way he is extremely good for his cost early game. The only downside is that spells cost 0 for your opponent next turn, so you had better be careful what type of deck you play him against. This can have unforeseen and devastating consequences, such as early-game Pyroblast, Mind Control, or Sprint.
For this reason Millhouse Manastorm is not generally recommended beyond the early game, unless your opponent has only 1 or 2 cards in hand. He is most perilous of all against mages, who may be able to defeat your hero outright using the damage spells they have in hand. Certain mage decks such as Freeze Mage intentionally hoard damage spells over the game, making a Millhouse an invitation to unload 20 or more damage in a single turn.
If played under the right conditions, Millhouse can be a cheap 4/4, and in the first few turns can create a significant increase in tempo. In the later game his low cost tends to be fairly insignificant, while the potential for backfiring increases as the opponent's hand grows.
- Prepare to face the mighty Millhouse Manastorm!
- Here it comes!
- "Aaalllriiiight!! Who ordered up an extra large can of whoop-ass?"
Millhouse Manastorm is a gnome mage who was first encountered imprisoned in the Arcatraz wing of the Burning Crusade instance Tempest Keep. Originally, players had to ensure Millhouse's survival during the Harbinger Skyriss fight, who would then grant them the key to The Eye wing of the Keep. Years later, Millhouse was encountered as a convert to the Twilight's Hammer, and more recently he has been seen as a combatant in the Brawler's Guild.
During the game's alpha, Millhouse was a 4/4 with a Battlecry that generated a MEGA-BLAST!!! card for the player; a 10 mana legendary spell which dealt 5 damage to all enemies. This is referenced by the Millhouse Manastorm boss in the tutorial, when he states "Just you wait until I have 10 mana!".
- Patch 18.104.22.16834 (2014-12-04): Playing Lord Jaraxxus no longer cancels the Kill_Millhouse! effect.
- Unknown alpha patch: Card text changed from "Battlecry: Put a 'Mega-Blast' card into your hand." to "Battlecry: Enemy spells cost (0) next turn." Now a 4/4 instead of a 2/2.
- Screenshot. Tested by User:Xinhuan, 2015-03-08.
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - Building the Fire (UK). (2013-03-19).