|Set:||Whispers of the Old Gods|
Battlecry: Equip a random weapon.
Garrosh's best buddy. It's true. Look it up.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Malkorok's Battlecry may equip any collectible weapon, not just those from the Warrior class. For a list, see below.
- In Standard format as of Journey to Un'Goro, there are 23 possible weapons, giving each 4.35% chance of being equipped. The average Attack of the equipped weapon is 2.86.
- In Wild format, there are 34 possible weapons, giving each a 2.94% chance of being equipped. The average Attack of the equipped weapon is 2.67.
Known bugs[edit | edit source]
- If Malkorok's Battlecry activates twice in a row due to Brann Bronzebeard, the first weapon will be immediately replaced and destroyed by the second, but any Deathrattle will not activate. The developers plan to fix this in an upcoming patch.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Malkorok's Battlecry is usually used in a scenario when the player does not have a weapon equipped. Malkorok generally represents decent value, since the average outcome is pretty good for the player using Malkorok. There is a 56% chance to receive a weapon that costs 4 mana or better or can deal 4 or more damage per turn (see below for a full list of weapons that can be equipped by Malkorok in the current Standard format). In addition, unless they have already attacked that turn, your hero will be able to swing the weapon after Malkorok is played, allowing you to immediately impact the board state. Because this card is able to generate tempo and value by itself, Malkorok is a staple in most high-level warrior decks seen as of Whispers of the Old Gods.
Prior to the Year of the Mammoth, there was a 4% chance to receive Cursed Blade. Such an outcome is unlikely, but completely devastating. Therefore, some seasoned players will consider not playing Malkorok when they are very far ahead, to avoid this card causing them to lose an essentially "won" game. For example, in a Control Warrior vs. Freeze Mage match-up, there is no need to play Malkorok, since that is one of the few ways by which you can actually lose the game.
Possible weapons[edit | edit source]
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
|Arcanite Reaper||Free||Weapon||Warrior||5||5||2||No… actually you should fear the Reaper.|
|Assassin's Blade||Free||Weapon||Rogue||5||3||4||Guaranteed to have been owned by a real assassin. Certificate of authenticity included.|
|Fiery War Axe||Free||Weapon||Warrior||2||3||2||During times of tranquility and harmony, this weapon was called by its less popular name, Chilly Peace Axe.|
|Light's Justice||Free||Weapon||Paladin||1||1||4||Prince Malchezaar was a collector of rare weapons. He'd animate them and have them dance for him.|
|Truesilver Champion||Free||Weapon||Paladin||4||4||2||Whenever your hero attacks, restore 2 Health to it. It Slices, it Dices. You can cut a tin can with it. (But you wouldn't want to.)|
|Fool's Bane||Common||Weapon||Warrior||5||3||4||Unlimited attacks each turn. Can't attack heroes. A fool and his bane are soon parted.|
|Spirit Claws||Common||Weapon||Shaman||2||1||3||Has +2 Attack while you have Spell Damage. They'll be MUCH easier to use once they add the spirit thumb.|
|Stormforged Axe||Common||Weapon||Shaman||2||2||3||Overload: (1) Yo, that's a nice axe.|
|Eaglehorn Bow||Rare||Weapon||Hunter||3||3||2||Whenever a friendly Secret is revealed, gain +1 Durability. First Lesson: Put the pointy end in the other guy.|
|Jade Claws||Rare||Weapon||Shaman||2||2||2||Battlecry: Summon a Jade Golem. Overload: (1) "Best manicure ever!" - Aya Blackpaw|
|Molten Blade||Rare||Weapon||Warrior||1||1||1||Each turn this is in your hand, transform it into a new weapon. It’s a sword! It’s a knife! It’s a swizzle-stick!|
|Obsidian Shard||Rare||Weapon||Rogue||4||3||3||Costs (1) less for each card you've played from another class. You know you’re a Rogue when a sharp rock makes you go “Ooh! Dagger!”|
|Perdition's Blade||Rare||Weapon||Rogue||3||2||2||Battlecry: Deal 1 damage. Combo: Deal 2 instead. Perdition's Blade is Ragnaros's back-up weapon while Sulfuras is in the shop.|
|Rallying Blade||Rare||Weapon||Paladin||3||3||2||Battlecry: Give +1/+1 to your minions with Divine Shield. As far as blades go, this one is pretty great in the motivation department.|
|Vinecleaver||Rare||Weapon||Paladin||7||4||3||After your hero attacks, summon two 1/1 Silver Hand Recruits. George and Karl! Thank the Light we found you!|
|Brass Knuckles||Epic||Weapon||Warrior||4||2||3||After your hero attacks, give a random minion in your hand +1/+1. For the goon that wants to make a fashion statement.|
|Doomhammer||Epic||Weapon||Shaman||5||2||8||Windfury, Overload: (2) Orgrim Doomhammer gave this legendary weapon to Thrall. His name is a total coincidence.|
|Gladiator's Longbow||Epic||Weapon||Hunter||7||5||2||Your hero is Immune while attacking. The longbow allows shots to be fired from farther away and is useful for firing on particularly odorous targets.|
|Gorehowl||Epic||Weapon||Warrior||7||7||1||Attacking a minion costs 1 Attack instead of 1 Durability. Grommash Hellscream's famous axe. Somehow this ended up in Prince Malchezaar's possession. Quite the mystery!|
|Hammer of Twilight||Epic||Weapon||Shaman||5||4||2||Deathrattle: Summon a 4/2 Elemental. Stop! It's Twlight Hammer time.|
|Piranha Launcher||Epic||Weapon||Hunter||5||2||4||Whenever your hero attacks, summon a 1/1 Piranha. A great improvement over the guppy launcher.|
|Sword of Justice||Epic||Weapon||Paladin||3||1||5||After you summon a minion, give it +1/+1 and this loses 1 Durability. I dub you Sir Loin of Beef!|
|Tentacles for Arms||Epic||Weapon||Warrior||5||2||2||Deathrattle: Return this to your hand. That's right. Garrosh just slapped you to death with a tentacle.|
|Showing all 23 cards|
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- The True Horde cannot be stopped!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Malkorok was Garrosh Hellscream's bodyguard and chief advisor, as well as the new leader of the Kor'kron. Malkorok has been Garrosh's most loyal and trusted lieutenant throughout the Pandaria campaign. When the Warchief needed a volunteer to infuse with the power of Y'Shaarj, it was only natural that Malkorok would offer without hesitation.
- Malkorok resided within the Underhold during the Siege of Orgrimmar. After General Nazgrim's death above ground, Malkorok took over the defense of Garrosh's compound and attempted to hold the line. He was killed in the ensuing battle.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.20674 (2016-04-24): Added.