|Tags:||Random, Triggered effect|
After you summon a minion, deal 1 damage to a random enemy.
Ambitious Knife Jugglers sometimes graduate to Bomb Jugglers. They never last long enough to make it onto a card though.
How to get
|Golden Knife Juggler||800||100|
- Knife Juggler's triggered effect activates after the triggering minion is summoned. This means that related effects such as that of Undertaker or Sword of Justice will activate before the Knife Juggler deals its damage.
This card is a very strong card because of its special ability. Each time you summon a minion, it hits a random enemy for 1. Note that this includes all friendly summons - not only minions played from the hand, but also those generated by other cards such as Dragonling Mechanic and Imp Master. It is a powerful card in any aggro deck because aggro decks are usually based around placing minions into play, often focusing on cheaper minions. You may want to buff this card to make it harder to kill in order to have this persistent effect for as long as possible.
Knife Juggler is generally considered a high priority target by opponents, what is sometimes called a soft taunt. This can easily be used to your advantage to bait out enemy removal spells if paired with a strong taunting creature. Aside from having an incredible ability, Knife Juggler is one of the strongest minions that a player can summon while only spending 2 mana and can be very helpful in establishing early board dominance.
This card has notable synergy with paladin and shaman decks, as they can summon a minion each turn with their hero powers. It works with warlock decks to a lesser extent, since their hero power is in effect a built-in card draw engine, and is generally recommended for any warlock aggro or murloc deck.
- Put this apple on your head.
- Hey, catch!
- Aaaaah… oh, no.
- Patch 184.108.40.20690 (2013-10-02): Knife Juggler’s ability will no longer trigger when a minion is copied to your hand.
- Patch 220.127.116.1188 (2013-06-22): Changed from "When you play a minion, deal 1 damage to a random enemy." to "After you summon a minion, deal 1 damage to a random enemy." Now a 3/2, instead of a 2/3.
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - Building the Fire (UK). (2013-03-19).