|Tags:||Random, Triggered effect|
After you summon a minion, deal 1 damage to a random enemy.
Ambitious Knife Jugglers sometimes graduate to Bomb Jugglers. They never last long enough to make it onto a card though.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Knife Juggler can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Knife Juggler can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Knife Juggler||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Knife Juggler's triggered effect activates after all other phases in the summoning process. This means that Knife Juggler activates after:
- Any triggers from playing a card or minion, such as Hobgoblin or Illidan Stormrage.
- Any Battlecry of the summoned minion has fully resolved, including all deaths (and any resulting consequences, including Deathrattles) caused by the Battlecry.
- Any Secrets triggered in response to a minion being played, such as Mirror Entity or Snipe.
- If the minion being summoned dies during any earlier phase in the summoning process, then the summoning process is cut short and thus the Knife Juggler does not activate.
- Similarly, if the Knife Juggler itself is destroyed in an earlier phase of summoning, it cannot activate.
- Knife Juggler will still activate if reduced to 0 or less Health earlier in the same phase it goes off - in other words, if it is fatally damaged as a result of another Knife Juggler's trigger. All Knife Juggler effects are handled before any of their deaths are detected and processed.
- Sword of Justice activates in the same phase as Knife Juggler. If both Knife Juggler and Sword of Justice trigger, the one played first activates first. However, since deaths are not detected until the end of the phase, it is possible for Sword of Justice to "save" a minion reduced to 0 health by a Knife Juggler by giving it +1/+1.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card is a very strong card because of its special ability. Each time you summon a minion, it hits a random enemy for 1. Note that this includes all friendly summons - not only minions played from the hand, but also those generated by other cards such as Dragonling Mechanic and Imp Master. It is a powerful card in any aggro deck because aggro decks are usually based around placing minions into play, often focusing on cheaper minions. You may want to buff this card to make it harder to kill in order to have this persistent effect for as long as possible.
Knife Juggler is generally considered a high priority target by opponents, what is sometimes called a soft taunt. This can easily be used to your advantage to bait out enemy removal spells if paired with a strong taunting creature. Aside from having an incredible ability, Knife Juggler is one of the strongest minions that a player can summon while only spending 2 mana and can be very helpful in establishing early board dominance.
This card has notable synergy with paladin and shaman decks, as they can summon a minion each turn with their hero powers. It works with warlock decks to a lesser extent, since their hero power is in effect a built-in card draw engine, and is generally recommended for any warlock aggro or murloc deck.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Put this apple on your head.
- Hey, catch!
- Aaaaah… oh, no.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12490 (2013-10-02): Knife Juggler’s ability will no longer trigger when a minion is copied to your hand.
- Patch 126.96.36.19988 (2013-06-22): Changed from "When you play a minion, deal 1 damage to a random enemy." to "After you summon a minion, deal 1 damage to a random enemy." Now a 3/2, instead of a 2/3.