Keeper of the Grove
|Abilities:||Choose One, Deal damage, Silence|
Choose One - Deal 2 damage; or Silence a minion.
These guys just show up and start Keeping your Groves without even asking.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Keeper of the Grove||100||20|
|Golden Keeper of the Grove||800||100|
Choose One cards[edit | edit source]
- Moonfire (Choose One) - Deal 2 damage. This can be dealt to any character.
- Dispel - Silence a minion. A powerful way to disable minions with powerful abilities or several enchantments.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Keeper of the Grove is a strong choice for many druid decks, due to its versatile ability to remove or Silence targets, as well as providing a sturdy minion more than capable of generating card advantage in its own right.
Keeper of the Grove is the most common source of druid Silence, and can be useful for removing strong ability minions or neutralising Taunts. Its damage can be used to remove a cheap or damaged minion. Both abilities are useful for countering high priority targets, and being able to choose between the two makes the Keeper a valuable card to have in hand.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- I must safeguard the land.
- Feel nature's wrath!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Like their dryad sisters, the keepers appear to be half night elf and half stag. They have enormous antlers and manes of leaves that flow down their backs. One of their hands is disfigured and twisted — as if it had become like the gnarled root-claw of a treant. Keepers possess many strange powers over nature and can be counted among Azeroth's best healers. Though they typically remain within the sacred groves of Ashenvale, the keepers always heed the call to arms when the greater lands of Kalimdor are threatened.
- While many sources refer to the keepers as the sons of Cenarius, there is some controversy over whether Cenarius fathered a number of keepers, or just two. Keeper Celebras speaks of the "Sons of Cenarius: Remulos and Zaetar", which some interpret to mean that Cenarius had no other sons. Others do not interpret this so strictly, suggesting it could refer to the two most important sons, or the two sons relevant to the tale. A major difficulty with strictly interpreting Celebras' speech is that he describes Remulos' children as including himself and his sisters, making no mention of any other sons. It is possible that night elves may be the offspring of Cenarius as well. Dryads, keepers, and night elves are sometimes referred to as "Cenarius' favored children". Dryads and keepers are often described as having the upper bodies of night elves.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for the Keeper's Moonfire Choose One card shows a moonkin casting the spell, even though Keepers of the Grove are not known to shapeshift.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Unknown alpha patch: Health increased to 4, up from 3.
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - Building the Fire (UK). (2013-03-19).