A unique minion, the Jade Golem's cost, stats and art vary depending on how many Jade Golems the player has already summoned that match. For details, see below.
Summoned by[edit | edit source]
- Jade Lotus
List of Jade Golems[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Jade Golem's cost, stats and art are determined upon summoning, depending on how many Jade Golems the player has already summoned that match.
- The first Jade Golem summoned is a 1 mana 1/1.
- Each friendly Jade Golem will be bigger than the last, with base stats greater by +1/+1, up to a maximum of 30/30.
- Each friendly Jade Golem will have a higher cost than the last, up to a maximum of 10.
- Any card text that summons a Jade Golem will state the correct stats for the next Golem to be summoned. For example Jade Idol's default text is "Summon a Jade Golem", but after summoning one or more Jade Golems, its text will read "Summon a x/x Jade Golem", where x is the Jade Golem's Attack and Health value.
- The increase to the Jade Golem's stats is not achieved through an enchantment, but through a different version of the minion being summoned; the 'increased' stats are the new minion's base stats. As a result, the increased stats cannot be removed through Silences.
- The size counter of the Jade Golem is attached to the controlling player, like C'Thun's Cultist buff counter, so if the opponent steals a card that summons a Jade Golem, it will start from 1/1.
- There are four different pieces of card art for the Jade Golem. They are used, respectively, for golems 1-3, 4-6, 7-19, and 20 onwards.
- Failing to summon a Jade Golem (for example because your board is full) will still make the next golem larger.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Because each Jade Golem card increases the power of all of the other ones, this mechanic is best used as the sole focus of a deck.
When playing as a Druid, the low cost and duplicating power of Jade Idol means that you can quickly summon a massive army in later stages of the game, using Jade Blossom to accelerate your mana and Jade Behemoth to slow your opponent down.
When playing as a Rogue, your numerous Return effects can be used on Jade Spirit and Aya Blackpaw to double up on their Battlecries. Unearthed Raptor works well with both Jade Swarmer and Aya to create another Jade Golem.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- "In taverns, alleyways, and tea houses throughout Gadgetzan, the foolish whisper fearfully about the mysterious Jade Lotus. They say we lurk in every shadow. They speak of strange magic never seen before. They do not understand us because our motives are not like theirs. Our one purpose in this city has been to acquire jade for our leader. Not for wealth. No, our secret lies in how the magic within these stones can be drawn forth to create Jade Golems, powerful living statues that do our bidding. Many of us have been granted trinkets that can summon these warriors in the blink of an eye. More impressive, each Jade Golem we summon arrives more powerful than the last. Soon we will unleash them upon Gadgetzan and our enemies will know what it is to face a truly unrelenting foe.
- [...] Aya is youthful, energetic, and seemingly impulsive. That is a mask; in truth she is calculating, ruthless, and as hard as the jade we steal for her. Crucially, young Aya has the unique ability to create Jade Golems, and she is the source of the trinkets that so many of us carry. How she came by this incredible power is a mystery, though I swear I have seen her communing with the spirit of a Mogu king I could not name. Such a being must be most ancient indeed.
- However it was that she came by her gift, Aya has successfully created an army of Jade Golems. What task she intends for them, and for us, is a mystery . . . but the Jade Lotus will be ready."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Cards that summon Jade Golems feature some of Hearthstone's first dynamic card text, the others being the spells created by Kazakus, from the same set. Previously, dynamic text was limited to the effects of Spell Damage.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.5290 (2016-11-29): Added.