|Abilities:||Battlecry, Deal damage|
Battlecry: Deal 4 damage to HIMSELF.
He claims it is an old war wound, but we think he just cut himself shaving.
How to get
|Golden Injured Blademaster||800||100|
- Injured Blademaster's battlecry immediately deals 4 damage to himself, leaving the summoning player with a wounded 4/3, and not a 4/7. However, his maximum health capacity of 7 will remain.
- The Injured Blademaster is a fairly cheap and tanky minion. While a reasonable 3 mana minion, he works best with priest decks, where he can be immediately and repeatedly healed. Divine Spirit can also be used upon him to great effect once his health has been restored. He also works well in a warrior deck, combining him with Rampage and Battle Rage. Also, shamans can make a good use out of it with Ancestral Healing, making it a 4/7 taunt for 3 mana.
- Note that battlecries only take effect when the minion is played directly from the hand; if he can be put on the field without being played directly from your hand, his battlecry will not take effect, leaving you with a full health 4/7.
- Because of Injured Blademaster's self-harming Battlecry, Backstab cannot be used on the minion unless he is healed, or his maximum Health reduced appropriately, making it harder for rogues to remove him.
The blademasters, also known as blade masters, and are known for masterfully wielding swords or other weapons on the field of battle. They were created when the orcs were first corrupted, to serve the legion's purposes, but, since many orcs have freed themselves, there are now blademasters found in the Horde and the Burning Legion.
Though their numbers are few, the seasoned blademasters represent an elite fighting force within the Horde. These skilled swordsmen were once part of the ill-fated Burning Blade clan which consumed itself in the throes of demonic corruption. With their clan scattered and broken, the proud blademasters swore a grim oath to free themselves and their brethren from demonic control once and for all. Under Thrall's command, the blademasters once again joined the Horde and came to serve as the young Warchief's personal honor guard. Though blademasters are masters of stealth and guile, they value personal honor above all else.
The few blademasters who still exist are mostly loyal to the Horde. They have sworn oaths to free their people from demonic corruption, and they usually do this through example: if they can be as formidable as they are without the Legion's help, other orcs can as well. An example of such a "redeemed" blademaster who is not a Horde member is Lantresor of the Blade, chief of the Boulderfist in Nagrand.
- YOUR turn to bleed!
- Patch 22.214.171.12490 (2013-10-02): Now a 4/7, up from a 3/7.
- Previously: Battlecry: Deal 4 damage to HIMSELF. [3 mana, 3 attack, 7 health, Rare]