With the arrival of Whispers of the Old Gods and game formats, the wiki has switched over to Standard format.
The preferred format for new and advanced players alike, most card lists will from now on only show cards valid in Standard format, making it easier for readers to find the information they're looking for.
For those interested in Wild format, Wild listings can now be found on subpages, such as Deathrattle/Wild format, linked just above main card listings, and Wild strategy and tips are still featured in our articles.
Whenever you play a card, summon a 2/1 Flame of Azzinoth.
Illidan's brother, Malfurion, imprisoned him beneath Hyjal for 10,000 years. Stormrages are not good at letting go of grudges.
- For the tutorial boss of the same name, see Illidan Stormrage (boss)
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Illidan Stormrage||3200||1600|
Summoned minions[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Illidan Stormrage is a 6 mana, 7/5 minion which summons a 2/1 Flame of Azzinoth whenever you play a card. This can be used to overwhelm your opponent with a full board of minions. However, these minions will be unable to act until the next turn, leaving them vulnerable to attack from the opponent. In opposition, Illidan is a priority target, and should be silenced or destroyed as soon as possible. The Flame minions are reasonably useful, but with only 1 health are easily defeated by AoE or the weakest of minion attacks.
Ideally, play several cards immediately following Illidan, to make use of his ability before the opponent has a chance to remove him. If possible, use + Health buffs such as Stormwind Champion to bolster the survivability of the Flame minions, reducing the likelihood of the opponent removing them before they have time to act.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- You are not prepared!
- Alternative summon (when the enemy hero is Malfurion)
- Hello... brother.
- Who shall be next to taste my blades?
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Illidan Stormrage was the self-proclaimed Lord of Outland, ruling from the Black Temple. He was born a night elf, and as stated by Maiev Shadowsong, became "neither demon nor night elf, but something more". He was the twin brother of Malfurion Stormrage and was in love with Tyrande Whisperwind. Once an unusually gifted sorcerer, the extent of his powers became difficult to classify due to his powers increasing in large bursts as a demon hunter and having absorbed the powers of the Skull of Gul'dan.
- His pursuit of power and arcane mastery led him to commit a number of horrific acts against his own people and the races of Azeroth, including defecting to Sargeras during the War of the Ancients and creating the second Well of Eternity. For his actions, he was imprisoned for ten thousand years, until his release during the Third War. He came to be called the Betrayer for his acts against the night elf people and carried the title of Lord of Outland. Seeking to bring down her erstwhile prisoner, Maiev allied with Akama to invade the Black Temple, where she cornered Illidan in his inner sanctum and struck him down, bringing an end to one of the most tragic stories in Azeroth's history.
- "I am free after ten thousand years, yet still my own brother thinks I am a villain! I'll show him my true power! I'll show him that the demons have no hold over me!"
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When played against the druid deck, Illidan will give a special emote reflecting that Malfurion Stormrage is his brother.
- Illidan Stormrage is one of only two neutral demon minions (the other being the Imp summoned by Imp Master). All other demons are exclusive to the warlock class.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Alpha patch 2 (2013-08-12): Now has 5 health, down from 6.
- Patch 188.8.131.5288 (2013-06-22): No longer has a Battlecry. Instead, whenever you play a card, you summon a 2/1 Flame of Azzinoth. Now costs 6 Mana, down from 7. Now has 6 Health, down from 7.
- Previously: Battlecry: Both players discard 3 cards and draw 3 cards. [7 mana, 7 attack, 7 health, Legendary]