|Set:||The League of Explorers|
|Abilities:||Deal damage, Generate, Shuffle into deck|
Deal 3 damage. Shuffle a (6 damage for 3 mana card) into your deck.
Why does a forgotten torch turn into a roaring torch with no provocation? It's one of life's many mysteries.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Regular Forgotten Torch x2 is granted to the player automatically upon purchasing the first wing of the The League of Explorers adventure.
|Golden Forgotten Torch||400||50|
Generated cards[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Forgotten Torch is a two step spell - it deals damage and fully resolves all consequences of that damage (including triggers such as Acolyte of Pain) before then shuffling Roaring Torch into your deck.
- Forgotten Torch will no longer be offered for selection in Arena, since the 15th of September 2016. However, it is still obtainable in Arena matches through random effects, such as Spellslinger.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card starts off as a weaker Frostbolt but can reward you with a cheaper version of Fireball later on in the game. Freeze Mage decks can greatly benefit from this card as this gives them something to help control the board in the early game as well as another card later to use in their finisher combo.
If you are playing a deck with Reno Jackson, Kazakus or Inkmaster Solia and acquire addittional Forgotten Torches, take care to not shuffle multiple Roaring Torches into your deck as this will deactivate the Battlecries of those minions.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card depicts Reno Jackson.
- This card and Explorer's Hat were accidentally made available to players 2-3 days ahead of the release of the rest of the adventure, due to an error which made it possible for players to pre-order the first wing.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1133 (2015-11-10): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Tested by 18.104.22.168 23:21, 5 July 2016 - cast Forgotten Torch on their own Acolyte of Pain while at fatigue. Fatigued, then shuffled Roaring Torch into their deck.
- Hearthside Chat: Upcoming Arena Changes with Dean Ayala. (2016-09-08).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2015-11-10).
- League of Explorers Purchase Issue Update. (2015-11-10).