From Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Wiki
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Copy, Transform|
Battlecry: Choose a minion and become a copy of it.
The Faceless Ones are servants of Yogg-Saron, and they feed on fear. Right now they are feeding on your fear of accidentally disenchanting all your good cards.
How to get
|Golden Faceless Manipulator||1600||400|
- Faceless Manipulator's Battlecry transforms it into an exact copy of the target minion. The minion is copied in every way, including Attack and Health values, damage taken, and any enchantments. However, enchantments from auras will not be copied.
- Minions copied by Faceless Manipulator are not played from the hand and any Battlecries will therefore not be activated.
- If the target of the Faceless Manipulator's Battlecry is eligible to trigger an effect, such as transforming into a Beast with a friendly Starving Buzzard on the board, the effect will be triggered at the very end of the summoning process, rather than at the usual point (generally before Battlecries).
- Faceless Manipulator's Battlecry is a transform effect. If Faceless Manipulator is silenced, it will lose any enchantments and text, but will still retain the Attack, Health, Cost, name, portrait and minion type of the minion it copied. In addition, copies can be returned to the controlling player's hand. Copies will retain their 'copied' form, but will still lose any damage and enchantments. This can allow the controlling player to trigger copied minions' Battlecries.
- Faceless Manipulators will not copy the Enraged status of wounded minions with Enrages, but will instead copy the Enrage ability and reassess at the time the card is copied whether to gain the Enraged status.
- Faceless Manipulators cannot copy Stealthed enemy minions, as Stealth prevents minions from being targeted by enemy effects.
- Keep in mind that the Battlecry will resolve before Secrets. For example, if playing a Faceless Manipulator triggers a Mirror Entity, the Secret will not copy the original Faceless Manipulator, but the minion the Faceless Manipulator turned into.
- A golden Faceless Manipulator will transform into a golden version of the card that is to be copied.
- Faceless Manipulator can be used to copy powerful minions belonging to either the player or the opponent. This can be useful for duplicating the presence of legendary minions, or simply as a wildcard which can be changed into whichever target best serves the situation.
- When copying enemy minions, one strategy is to use the Faceless Manipulator to copy a valuable minion, before then destroying or silencing the target. This allows the player to effectively steal the opponent's minion.
- Faceless Manipulator can be used on friendly targets to create large amounts of Spell Damage. For example, copying a friendly Malygos will create an additional 5 Spell Damage for a total of 10 Spell Damage in play.
- Tested by User:Xinhaun, 2015-02-02. Knife Juggler then Starving Buzzard played; then Faceless Manipulator played targeting the Buzzard. Result: Faceless transformed into Buzzard, then Knife Juggler threw a knife, then Buzzard drew a card.
- Tested by User:Taohinton and User:Adys, 2015-02-07. Played Knife Juggler then Starving Buzzard, then played Faceless Manipulator, targeting the Buzzard. The Knife Juggler activated first, then the Buzzard. Played Buzzard then Knife Juggler, then Manipulator; exact same result.
- Tested by User:Taohinton and User:Adys, 2015-02-07. Played Starving Buzzard, then Knife Juggler, then another Knife Juggler, then another Starving Buzzard; then the opponent played Repentance. Then played Razorfen Hunter. The Hunter's Battlecry summoned a Boar; the Knife Jugglers both activated (from the Boar); then both Buzzards activated (from the Boar); then the Repentance activated (upon the Hunter); then both Knife Jugglers activated (from the Hunter).