Eye for an Eye
|Abilities:||Deal damage, Secret|
|Tags:||Damage-related, Triggered effect|
Secret: When your hero takes damage, deal that much damage to the enemy hero.
Justice sometimes takes the form of a closed fist into a soft cheek.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Eye for an Eye can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Eye for an Eye can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Eye for an Eye||40||5|
|Golden Eye for an Eye||400||50|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like most Secrets, Eye for an Eye can only be triggered during the opponent's turn. This means that any damage taken during the paladin's turn will not trigger this Secret.
- This Secret activates in response to any source of damage, including:
- Eye for an Eye does not trigger if you do not take damage, for example if Ice Block or Bolf Ramshield prevents the damage, or if you are Immune.
- Benefits from Spell Damage, allowing it to deal more damage than the attack which triggered it
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This is an excellent card to play when your opponent is about to unleash a powerful attack or spell against you. However, keep in mind that multi-hit attacks, such as Arcane Missiles, will only trigger this ability once, causing only one damage to be shot at the enemy hero.
When playing against this card, test for it by dealing a small amount of damage before committing to a larger attack.
Eye for an Eye is quite capable of causing the destruction of both heroes in a single turn, resulting in a draw for both players.
Lore[edit | edit source]
In World of Warcraft, Eye for an Eye is a talent available to paladins who specialize in Retribution. Similar to the spell in Hearthstone, this talent causes enemy magic attacks against the paladin to have a chance of dealing damage back.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to the changes to Alexstrasza in Patch 184.108.40.20617 and to secrets in Patch 220.127.116.1144, it was possible for the paladin to use the two cards in combination to directly deal 15 damage to the opponent, by directing Alexstrasza's Battlecry at themselves while Eye for an Eye was active. While this still dealt 15 damage to the paladin, the resulting burst damage was formidable, and extremely effective in closing games.