|Abilities:||Deal damage, Secret|
|Tags:||Area of effect|
Secret: When your hero is attacked, deal 2 damage to all enemies.
It traps your food AND cooks it for you!
How to get[edit | edit source]
Explosive Trap can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Explosive Trap can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Explosive Trap||400||50|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Snake Trap, Freezing Trap, Misdirection and Explosive Trap all trigger in play order.
- Freezing Trap and Misdirection will not trigger if the attacker has left play, is mortally wounded (0 or less Health) or pending destroy (hit by a destroy effect this Phase, such as Vaporize).
- Conversely, Explosive Trap will trigger normally even if its attacker is mortally wounded, pending destroy or no longer in play, dealing damage to all enemies.
- Like all damaging spells, Explosive Trap is improved by Spell Damage.
- This secret only triggers from 'attacks' - physical combat from a minion or hero. Direct damage from sources such as Battlecries, spells and Hero Powers will not trigger this secret.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card is a great board clearer. Placed when the enemy has multiple low health minions, it can be devastating to them, giving you an advantage if you are able to have minions on the board prior to this activating. An example defence against small minion aggro decks such as murloc decks.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Explosive Trap is a hunter trap which explodes when approached, dealing Fire damage to the triggering character and applying a damage over time effect to all nearby targets.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1188 (2013-06-22): Now activates when your hero is attacked, rather than when a minion damages your hero.
- Previously: Secret: When a minion damages your hero, deal 2 damage to all enemies. [2 mana, Common]
References[edit | edit source]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-7qfkTmKZc Tested in Patch 18.104.22.16874 (WotOG patch)
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - Building the Fire (UK). (2013-03-19).