|Abilities:||Deal damage, Secret|
|Tags:||Area of effect|
Secret: When your hero is attacked, deal 2 damage to all enemies.
It traps your food AND cooks it for you!
How to get[edit | edit source]
Explosive Trap can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Explosive Trap can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Explosive Trap||400||50|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As of Patch 18.104.22.16833 (LoE patch), Snake Trap, Freezing Trap, Misdirection and Explosive Trap all trigger in play order.
- Freezing Trap and Misdirection will decide not to trigger if the attacker is mortally wounded (0 or less Health) or no longer in play, due to the effects of other Secrets activating before it. Conversely, Explosive Trap will trigger normally even if its attacker is mortally wounded or no longer in play, dealing damage to all enemies.
- Like all damaging spells, Explosive Trap is improved by Spell Damage.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card is a great board clearer. Placed when the enemy has multiple low health minions, it can be devastating to them, giving you an advantage if you're able to have minions on the board prior to this activating. An example defence against small minion aggro decks such as murloc decks.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Explosive Trap is a hunter trap which explodes when approached, dealing Fire damage to the triggering character and applying a damage over time effect to all nearby targets.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12488 (2013-06-22): Now activates when your hero is attacked, rather than when a minion damages your hero.
- Previously: Secret: When a minion damages your hero, deal 2 damage to all enemies. [2 mana, Common]
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - Building the Fire (UK). (2013-03-19).