With the arrival of Whispers of the Old Gods and game formats, the wiki has switched over to Standard format.
The preferred format for new and advanced players alike, most card lists will from now on only show cards valid in Standard format, making it easier for readers to find the information they're looking for.
For those interested in Wild format, Wild listings can now be found on subpages, such as Deathrattle/Wild format, linked just above main card listings, and Wild strategy and tips are still featured in our articles.
Elite Tauren Chieftain
Battlecry: Give both players the power to ROCK! (with a Power Chord card)
He's looking for a drummer. The current candidates are: Novice Engineer, Sen'jin Shieldmasta', and Ragnaros the Firelord.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Regular Elite Tauren Chieftain can be obtained through crafting:
|Elite Tauren Chieftain||1600||400|
Golden Elite Tauren Chieftain can only be obtained as a promotion from purchasing a ticket or virtual ticket to Blizzcon 2013. These tickets are no longer for sale, but players who have already purchased one can obtain a single copy of this minion by logging into the game.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Elite Tauren Chieftain is most notable for the outrageous and unprecedented visual and audio effects upon playing the card. Each of the Power Chord cards also feature unique sounds and animations.
- Elite Tauren Chieftain is the second promotion card to be added to the game. Similar to the first promotion card, Gelbin Mekkatorque, this card brings a strong element of RNG to the game, adding an unpredictable and potentially game-changing element to the match. Its battlecry is also notable for providing an equal advantage to each player, rather than favouring the player who played it.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Elite Tauren Chieftain grants each player one of three possible 'Power Chord' cards. All Power Chord cards are 4 mana spell cards.
Summons a single minion for the player. Possible minions summoned are:
- Cairne Bloodhoof
- Frostwolf Grunt
- Tauren Warrior
- Thrallmar Farseer
- Sen'jin Shieldmasta
- Silvermoon Guardian
This is by far the most unpredictable option, with the potential to be one of the strongest or the weakest of the Power Chords.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Elite Tauren Chieftain summoning features one of the most extensive animations in the game, at the time of its addition rivalled only by Twisting Nether. The individual Power Chords were also the first spells to be added to produce significant ongoing sounds during their target selection stage; rather than simple effects such as the sound of a spell preparing to be cast, short pieces of music, featuring drums, bass and lead guitar, are played repeatedly until a target is chosen. Some of the card's animations and effects can be seen here.
- Elite Tauren Chieftain is a real-life band comprised of Blizzard employees, known for performing their own hard-rocking material with lyrics set in the Warcraft universe. Elite Tauren Chieftain often perform at Blizzcon and have released several singles. They also feature in-game in Shattrath City, at the Darkmoon Faire and in Blackrock Depths' Grim Guzzler. See Elite Tauren Chieftain on wowpedia for details.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Video[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12417 (2013-12-10): The golden version of the Elite Tauren Chieftain has been added to collections of those who attended BlizzCon 2013 or who purchased a Virtual Ticket.