Druid of the Claw
|Abilities:||Charge, Choose One, Taunt, Transform|
Choose One - Charge; or +2 Health and Taunt.
Cat or Bear? Cat or Bear?! I just cannot CHOOSE!
How to get
|Druid of the Claw||40||5|
|Golden Druid of the Claw||400||50|
Choose One cards
- Cat Form - Summons a 4/4 Druid of the Claw with Charge.
- Bear Form - Summons a 4/6 Druid of the Claw with Taunt.
As a Choose One card, Druid of the Claw's power comes from its flexibility. The card can be used either offensively or defensively. The Charge minion is useful when you need to deal quick damage to a minion or defeat the enemy hero, while the defensive option is useful when you need a Taunt.
Unlike the similar Ancient of War, the basic Druid of the Claw card transforms into the chosen minion, producing a wholly separate card. Most significantly, the Bear Form Druid's base Health is 6 (not 4) and this will not be lost if Silenced. This makes Bear Form Druid strictly better than Fen Creeper.
- Where shall I strike?
- My strength is yours.
These ancient druids have adopted the totem of the bear and use the powers of their totem to defend their society from any external threats. They are fond of assuming Bear Form and roaming in seclusion throughout the wildlands of Kalimdor. When riled, the Druids of the Claw display ferocious power and stamina. Their magical spells augment their allies' fighting skills and bravery as well.
Druid of the Claw is voiced by Jason Miller.
- Patch 184.108.40.20634 (2014-12-04): Druid of the Claw (Cat Form) and Druid of the Claw (Bear Form) are now Beasts; previously no minion type.
- Patch 220.127.116.1190 (2013-10-02): Flavor text changed from "Druids of the Claw can shapeshift into Cat or Bear Form. You'd think they'd also be able morph into Wolf or Sloth Form, but apparently not." to "Cat or Bear? Cat or Bear?! I just cannot CHOOSE!".
- Patch 18.104.22.16888 (2013-06-22): Now grants 2 Health, down from 3.
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2014-11-04).