With the arrival of Whispers of the Old Gods and game formats, the wiki has switched over to Standard format.
The preferred format for new and advanced players alike, most card lists will from now on only show cards valid in Standard format, making it easier for readers to find the information they're looking for.
For those interested in Wild format, Wild listings can now be found on subpages, such as Deathrattle/Wild format, linked just above main card listings, and Wild strategy and tips are still featured in our articles.
Druid of the Claw
|Abilities:||Charge, Choose One, Taunt, Transform|
Choose One - Charge; or +2 Health and Taunt.
Cat or Bear? Cat or Bear?! I just cannot CHOOSE!
How to get[edit | edit source]
Druid of the Claw can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Druid of the Claw can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Druid of the Claw||40||5|
|Golden Druid of the Claw||400||50|
Choose One cards[edit | edit source]
- Resulting minions
Fandral Staghelm[edit | edit source]
If played while in control of Fandral Staghelm, both Choose One options will be chosen, resulting in the below minion.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
As a Choose One card, Druid of the Claw's power comes from its flexibility. The card can be used either offensively or defensively. The Charge minion is useful when you need to deal quick damage to a minion or defeat the enemy hero, while the defensive option is useful when you need a Taunt.
Unlike the similar Ancient of War, the basic Druid of the Claw card transforms into the chosen minion, producing a wholly separate card. Most significantly, the Bear Form Druid's base Health is 6 (not 4) and this will not be lost if Silenced. This makes Bear Form Druid strictly better than Fen Creeper.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Where shall I strike?
- My strength is yours.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- These ancient druids have adopted the totem of the bear and use the powers of their totem to defend their society from any external threats. They are fond of assuming Bear Form and roaming in seclusion throughout the wildlands of Kalimdor. When riled, the Druids of the Claw display ferocious power and stamina. Their magical spells augment their allies' fighting skills and bravery as well.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Voice[edit | edit source]
Druid of the Claw is voiced by Jason Miller.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12434 (2014-12-04): Druid of the Claw (Cat Form) and Druid of the Claw (Bear Form) are now Beasts; previously no minion type.
- Patch 126.96.36.19990 (2013-10-02): Flavor text changed from "Druids of the Claw can shapeshift into Cat or Bear Form. You'd think they'd also be able morph into Wolf or Sloth Form, but apparently not." to "Cat or Bear? Cat or Bear?! I just cannot CHOOSE!".
- Patch 188.8.131.5288 (2013-06-22): Now grants 2 Health, down from 3.
References[edit | edit source]
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2014-11-04).