Druid of the Claw
|Abilities:||Charge, Choose One, Taunt, Transform|
Choose One - Charge; or +2 Health and Taunt.
Cat or Bear? Cat or Bear?! I just cannot CHOOSE!
How to get[edit | edit source]
Druid of the Claw can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Druid of the Claw can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Druid of the Claw||40||5|
|Golden Druid of the Claw||400||50|
Choose One cards[edit | edit source]
- Resulting minions
Fandral Staghelm[edit | edit source]
If played while in control of Fandral Staghelm, both Choose One options will be chosen, resulting in the below minion.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As with all transformations, this minion's change into either Cat or Bear Form is permanent and cannot be undone by Silences or being returned to the hand.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
As a Choose One card, Druid of the Claw's power comes from its flexibility. The card can be used either offensively or defensively. The Charge minion is useful when you need to deal quick damage to a minion or defeat the enemy hero, while the defensive option is useful when you need a Taunt.
Unlike the similar Ancient of War, the basic Druid of the Claw card transforms into the chosen minion, producing a wholly separate card. Most significantly, the Bear Form Druid's base Health is 6 (not 4) and this will not be lost if Silenced. This makes Bear Form Druid almost strictly better than Fen Creeper (Bear Form Druid is vulnerable to Hemet Nesingwary).
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Where shall I strike?
- My strength is yours.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- These ancient druids have adopted the totem of the bear and use the powers of their totem to defend their society from any external threats. They are fond of assuming Bear Form and roaming in seclusion throughout the wildlands of Kalimdor. When riled, the Druids of the Claw display ferocious power and stamina. Their magical spells augment their allies' fighting skills and bravery as well.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Since this minion's Choose One effect normally replaces it with one of the two Beast forms, its regular attack and death sounds are only heard if the minion enters play through a summon or put into battlefield effect (such as Alarm-o-Bot), causing it to skip the transformation.
- There is an ongoing debate on should this card include the word Transform like all the other similar Druid cards do, as its Choose One effect actually transforms itself rather than buffing its stats like the similarly-worded Ancient of War does. As a part of the always-standard Classic set, however; it has been said that the simple wording is preferred over describing the exact effect of the card.
Voice[edit | edit source]
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19934 (2014-12-04): Druid of the Claw (Cat Form) and Druid of the Claw (Bear Form) are now Beasts; previously no minion type.
- Patch 188.8.131.5290 (2013-10-02): Flavor text changed from "Druids of the Claw can shapeshift into Cat or Bear Form. You'd think they'd also be able morph into Wolf or Sloth Form, but apparently not." to "Cat or Bear? Cat or Bear?! I just cannot CHOOSE!".
- Patch 184.108.40.20688 (2013-06-22): Now grants 2 Health, down from 3.
References[edit | edit source]
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2014-11-04).