|Abilities:||Battlecry, Deal damage|
|Tags:||Area of effect|
Battlecry: Deal 1 damage to ALL other characters.
"INFERNOOOOOOOOOO!" - Jaraxxus, Eredar Lord of the Burning Legion
How to get[edit | edit source]
Dread Infernal x 2 are a reward for raising a warlock to level 10.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
As a 6 mana 6/6 minion, the Dread Infernal provides the warlock with much needed area of effect (AoE) damage and has some board clearing potential. Since this damage affects ALL minions Dread Infernal is best played when the opponent's side of the board is ripe with minions and your side of the board is empty.
Another use is to combo the AoE damage with minions that have Enrage, such as Amani Berserker and Tauren Warrior, especially useful when the opponent does not have any small minions on the board on which to activate the Enrage minions. This can allow for some big hits on the opposing hero or clearing some of the larger minion targets on the board without having to take a turn to swing at something else first.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Infernals are mindless giants of flame and fury and can be summoned by warlocks and the nathrezim. They are not truly demons, apparently more similar to constructs.
- Crafted by the mo'arg and gan'arg, infernals fall to earth as green, molten meteorites from the Twisting Nether. They exist only to destroy every living thing in their path. Though their lifespans are limited, the mighty infernals have been known to destroy entire cities before their energies dissipated back into the Great Dark Beyond. A large concentration of infernals can be found in Shadowmoon Valley. There are the ever present infernals attacking Alliance and Horde towns in the region; they appear to be stockpiled at Legion Hold and launched by shivarra. The Deathforge provides details on how this variety is made. Infernals are produced by a green fire elemental called an "infernal soul", which is put into a collection of fel stone by mo'arg and gan'arg engineers, which then creates a very weak infernal. They can also be stored in their comet forms.
- Most dreadlords can summon an Infernal with the ultimate ability inferno. Tichondrius has been seen to summon four, while Anetheron and Balnazzar can summon two at once. Archimonde, on the other hand, is known to summon massive amounts of infernals and other demons at the same time.
- Infernal's are known to be extremely unintelligent, and can barely take orders from their demon commanders as it is. They are able to understand Eredun, but are mute except for the occasional roar or grunt. There are also abyssals, a similar construct.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.20688 (2013-06-22): Now has 6 Attack, up from 5. Now has 6 Health, up from 5.