Defender of Argus
Battlecry: Give adjacent minions +1/+1 and Taunt.
You wouldn’t think that Argus would need this much defending. But it does.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Defender of Argus||100||20|
|Golden Defender of Argus||800||100|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
While the Defender of Argus has very mediocre stats for its cost, the powerful Battlecry more than makes up for this by reshaping the board upon play. Extra points in Attack are always welcome, but creating a double defence from enemy attack will force your opponent to re-assess their strategy. This is especially effective against aggro decks who will have to sacrifice additional cards and minions to break through the Taunt.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- My shield, for Argus!
- Into the breach!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The Hand of Argus is an organization of draenei paladins and vindicators that serve as the primary military and police force of the Exodar. Their presence is strongest in Bloodmyst Isle, where the greatest of the corruption on the Azuremyst Isles has taken hold.
- The Hand of Argus is led by the Triumvirate of the Hand — Vindicators Boros, Kuros and Aesom. They are stationed in Blood Watch on Bloodmyst Isle. However, despite remaining mostly on Bloodmyst Isle, the Hand's agents have been seen in Ashenvale and Nagrand.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Aside from its obvious in-universe meaning, this card's summoning quote might reference S.H.I.E.L.D (Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division ) and A.R.G.U.S. (Advanced Research Group Uniting Super-Humans), two fictional agencies from the Marvel and DC universes.
- Its attacking quote "Into the breach" may be a reference to Shakespeare's Henry the Fifth, act 3 scene 1, where King Henry says "Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more unto the breach."
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12458 (2014-1-16): Now a 2/3 (down from 3/3).
- Previously: Battlecry: Give adjacent minions +1/+1 and Taunt. [4 mana, 3 attack, 3 health, rare]