|Set:||The League of Explorers|
|Abilities:||Deal damage, Secret|
|Tags:||Hero Power-related, Random, Triggered effect|
Secret: After an opposing Hero Power is used, deal 5 damage to a random enemy.
Five years of tap-dancing lessons are FINALLY going to pay off!
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Dart Trap||400||50|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This Secret does not trigger until after the activating Hero Power has taken effect. For example, if the opponent uses Reinforce, the Dart Trap will have a chance to hit the summoned Silver Hand Recruit.
- Dart Trap triggers in the Inspire Phase, with the same timing as Inspire minions, meaning that a minion mortally wounded by Dart Trap can still trigger its Inspire effect.
- Dart Trap, like all other Secrets that directly deal damage, is affected by Spell Damage.
- Dart Trap will no longer be offered for selection in Arena, since the 15th of September 2016. However, it is still obtainable in Arena matches through random effects, such as Spellslinger.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
As the game goes on, it generally becomes more likely for the opponent to trigger this Secret, due to increasing mana as well as depleted hands, making Hero Power use more likely. Be aware that control decks such as Handlock and Control Warrior may activate this Secret early on with no minions on the board. Inspire decks will activate this readily, but more likely with useful minions on the board.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Dart Trap is original to Hearthstone.
The dart trap appears to be guarding the way to the Golden Monkey.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.16874 (2016-04-24): Now reads "After an opposing Hero Power is used..." instead of "When an opposing Hero Power is used...". The function appears to be unchanged.
- Patch 22.214.171.12433 (2015-11-10): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- PlayHearthstone on Twitter. (2015-11-10).
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBzIQxCa_ew Tested in Patch 126.96.36.19956 (2015-12-04)
- Tested by Culinko, 18th January 2016.
- Hearthside Chat: Upcoming Arena Changes with Dean Ayala. (2016-09-08).