- "No voodoo for you, mon." —Ta'zo
Counterspell is a rare mage secret card.
 How to get
Counterspell can be obtained through card packs, or through crafting.
|| Crafting cost
| Golden Counterspell
- Counterspell may be used preemptively to block the next spell cast by an opponent. It's worth noting that the spell is simply blocked and not reflected to the opponent.
- Countered spells are still considered to have successfully completed casting - they simply have no effect. The spell card will still be consumed and its mana cost expended. Minions which provide effects in response to spells being cast (such as Mana Wyrm and Questing Adventurer) will also still trigger from the countered spell, as will rogue combo effects.
- Counterspell will not trigger from activation of secrets. However, Counterspell can prevent secrets from being cast, since they are spell cards.
- When attempting to counter Counterspell, trying casting a weak or unimportant spell first.
Counterspell is a mage spell from World of Warcraft which interrupts a target's spellcasting, locking them out of that school of magic for several seconds. Higher levels of the ability also silence the target for a few seconds. The spell also features in the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game.