With the arrival of Whispers of the Old Gods and game formats, the wiki has switched over to Standard format.
The preferred format for new and advanced players alike, most card lists will from now on only show cards valid in Standard format, making it easier for readers to find the information they're looking for.
For those interested in Wild format, Wild listings can now be found on subpages, such as Deathrattle/Wild format, linked just above main card listings, and Wild strategy and tips are still featured in our articles.
|Tags:||Area of effect|
Give your minions Stealth until your next turn.
Rogues conceal everything but their emotions. You can't get 'em to shut up about feelings.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If a minion already has Stealth when you cast Conceal, the minion will not lose Stealth on the next turn (assuming it has not attacked or otherwise had the effect removed). This is because it does not gain the 'Conceal' enchantment.
- A minor bug causes the 'Conceal' buff to not remove itself from a minion's list of enchantments until the next turn, even if the minion attacks, losing the effect itself. If the minion afterwards gains permanent Stealth, such as due to Master of Disguise or a One-eyed Cheat activation, the buff will remove the permanent Stealth. (Finicky Cloakfield also has this bug.)
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Conceal is most commonly used as a way to protect your minions by preventing your opponent from trading for them. Conceal's stealth effect disables any taunt on the selected minions, and does not protect your minions from area of effect (AoE) spells.
Conceal has great synergy with Doomsayer, together they make for a very cheap board wipe.
Conceal's Stealth effect is removed by attacking. This has two major consequences:
- If you want to attack with certain minions, but still have them stealthed through your opponent's next turn, you need to attack with them first, then use Conceal.
- If you want to stealth all of your minions except for certain ones (such as taunt minions, which you wish to continue taunting), use Conceal to stealth them first, then attack with them, removing the stealth effect and allowing to act as taunts next turn.
Lore[edit | edit source]
This card is named for the WoW rogue ability Shroud of Concealment, which is used to stealth nearby party members.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.20690 (2013-10-02): Now costs 1 mana, up from 0.
- Alpha patch 2 (2013-08-12): Wording changed to "Give your minions Stealth until your next turn." Now costs 0 mana, down from 1.
- Patch 220.127.116.1188 (2013-06-22): Now costs 1 mana, up from 0.
- Previously: Give a friendly minion Stealth. [0 mana, Common]
References[edit | edit source]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk1qeAm7Qjs Tested in Patch 18.104.22.16886 (TGT patch)
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - Building the Fire (UK). (2013-03-19).