Battlecry: Give your weapon +1/+1.
He was this close to piloting a massive juggernaut into Stormwind Harbor. If it weren't for those pesky kids!
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Captain Greenskin||3200||1600|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Captain Greenskin's Battlecry is useful in any weapon deck, and strongly encourages waiting to play him until you have a suitable weapon equipped. Given his otherwise underwhelming stats, Greenskin is likely a poor choice for decks which do not feature weapons.
Using Greenskin's Battlecry on a 7-Attack Gorehowl will allow the weapon to gain 2 extra uses, and deal up to 16 extra damage in total - an extra 8 damage to the enemy hero, and an extra 1 damage for each of 8 attacks against minions.
This card is the only reliable way a rogue can increase the durability of their weapons.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Drink up, me hearties!
- Yo Ho, ahahahaha!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Captain Greenskin was a level 20 elite goblin in the Deadmines. Captain Greenskin was a goblin captain in the employ of Edwin VanCleef. His first mate was Mr. Smite, and the cook aboard his ship was Cookie. Greenskin was killed when a group of Alliance adventurers attacked the Deadmines.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card's flavor text "If it weren't for those pesky kids!" is a well-known quote from Scooby-Doo.
- The card art actually depicts Short John Mithril, an arena master in the Gurubashi Arena in the contested territory of Stranglethorn Vale.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1190 (2013-10-02): Is now a 5/4 with ‘Battlecry: Give your weapon +1/+1.’
- Previously: Whenever you attack with your hero, draw a card. [5 mana, 5 attack, 5 health, Legendary]