With the arrival of Whispers of the Old Gods and game formats, the wiki has switched over to Standard format.
The preferred format for new and advanced players alike, most card lists will from now on only show cards valid in Standard format, making it easier for readers to find the information they're looking for.
For those interested in Wild format, Wild listings can now be found on subpages, such as Deathrattle/Wild format, linked just above main card listings, and Wild strategy and tips are still featured in our articles.
Battlecry: Give your weapon +1/+1.
He was this close to piloting a massive juggernaut into Stormwind Harbor. If it weren't for those pesky kids!
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Captain Greenskin||3200||1600|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Captain Greenskin's Battlecry is useful in any weapon deck, and strongly encourages waiting to play him until you have a suitable weapon equipped. Given his otherwise underwhelming stats, Greenskin is likely a poor choice for decks which do not feature weapons.
Using Greenskin's Battlecry on a 7-Attack Gorehowl will give the weapon up to 16 extra damage.
This card is the only reliable way a rogue can increase the durability of their weapons.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Drink up, me hearties!
- Yo Ho, ahahahaha!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Captain Greenskin was a level 20 elite goblin in the Deadmines. Captain Greenskin was a goblin captain in the employ of Edwin VanCleef. His first mate was Mr. Smite, and the cook aboard his ship was Cookie. Greenskin was killed when a group of Alliance adventurers attacked the Deadmines.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card's flavor text "If it weren't for those pesky kids!" is a well-known quote from Scooby-Doo.
- The card art actually depicts Short John Mithril, an arena master in the Gurubashi Arena in the contested territory of Stranglethorn Vale.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19990 (2013-10-02): Is now a 5/4 with ‘Battlecry: Give your weapon +1/+1.’
- Previously: Whenever you attack with your hero, draw a card. [5 mana, 5 attack, 5 health, Legendary]