With the arrival of Whispers of the Old Gods and game formats, the wiki has switched over to Standard format.
The preferred format for new and advanced players alike, most card lists will from now on only show cards valid in Standard format, making it easier for readers to find the information they're looking for.
For those interested in Wild format, Wild listings can now be found on subpages, such as Deathrattle/Wild format, linked just above main card listings, and Wild strategy and tips are still featured in our articles.
Deathrattle: Summon a 4/5 Baine Bloodhoof.
Cairne was killed by Garrosh, so... don't put this guy in a Warrior deck. It's pretty insensitive.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Cairne Bloodhoof||3200||1600|
Summoned cards[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Cairne Bloodhoof is a solid body. Not only is he a 4/5, which is fairly hard to kill in most cases, he also makes another 4/5 - Baine Bloodhoof - when he dies. This essentially means two 4/5 minions for just 6 mana. Cairne is one of the best cards to have in a beatdown-type deck.
Cairne's main weakness is to effects such as silence, transform and mind control effects, which can negate his Deathrattle or even turn its power to the opponent's advantage. His Deathrattle makes him strong against regular attacks or removal effects. In particular, Cairne is considered a bad card to be running against priest because almost all of them use the Shrinkmeister and Cabal Shadow Priest combo higher up on the ladder.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Take heart, young one. The Earthmother is near.
- Alternative summon (when the enemy hero is Garrosh)
- Garrosh! You are not fit to rule the Horde!
- For honor!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Cairne Bloodhoof was the Chief of the united tribes of the tauren, chieftain of the Bloodhoof, leader of Thunder Bluff, and the final wielder of the Bloodhoof Runespear. Allying with the Horde upon its arrival on the shores of Kalimdor, Cairne stood as one of its wisest and most venerated leaders, until his unfortunate death in a duel against Garrosh Hellscream, the new Warchief of the Horde. He was succeeded as chief by his son Baine Bloodhoof.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When summoned, Cairne will say "Take heart young one, the Earth Mother is near." However, when played against a warrior he will say "Garrosh, you are not fit to rule the Horde." This is similar to Illidan Stormrage's emote when summoned against a druid.