With the arrival of Whispers of the Old Gods and game formats, the wiki has switched over to Standard format.
The preferred format for new and advanced players alike, most card lists will from now on only show cards valid in Standard format, making it easier for readers to find the information they're looking for.
For those interested in Wild format, Wild listings can now be found on subpages, such as Deathrattle/Wild format, linked just above main card listings, and Wild strategy and tips are still featured in our articles.
Cabal Shadow Priest
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Take control|
Battlecry: Take control of an enemy minion that has 2 or less Attack.
You never know who may be secretly working for the Cabal....
How to get[edit | edit source]
Cabal Shadow Priest can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Cabal Shadow Priest can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Cabal Shadow Priest||400||100|
|Golden Cabal Shadow Priest||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- You can play Cabal Shadow Priest even onto a board of 6 other friendly minions, targeting an enemy minion. The enemy minion will be destroyed instead of stolen (as your board is full). (In older patches, you would prevented from playing Cabal entirely!)
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Cabal Shadow Priest is a powerful card commonly used in priest control decks. As well as providing a solid (if somewhat pricey) 4/5 body, it allows the priest to take permanent control of an enemy minion, essentially a mini-Mind Control.
The key limitation of Cabal Shadow Priest is its Attack requirement; only minions with 2 or less Attack can be controlled. This generally limits the effect to smaller minions, although some such as Maexxna or Baron Rivendare can provide quite a bargain. Shrinkmeister can be used to allow the Shadow Priest to take control of higher Attack minions, which will revert to their previous Attack value at the end of the turn. Reversing Switch and Crazed Alchemist can also be used for this, albeit in a more permanent fashion. Very rarely, a similar effect can be achieved by playing a copy of Aldor Peacekeeper obtained via Thoughtsteal, Mind Vision or Convert, guaranteeing that the Shadow Priest steals one of the Paladin's minions; this can potentially include Tirion Fordring.
The value to the Shadow Priest's Battlecry lies not simply in removing an enemy minion, but in effectively granting the player a new minion as well. This makes it equivalent to a combined Destroy and Summon effect, essentially performing three actions: 1) summon a 4/5 minion; 2) remove an enemy minion with 2 or less Attack; 3) acquire a friendly minion with 2 or less Attack. Because of this three-pronged approach, even when the minion stolen is small, the Cabal can be a very efficient play.
Needless to say, the Battlecry's target is of extreme importance. Valuable targets include Taunts, powerful effects like that of Nat Pagle or Baron Rivendare, and useful Deathrattles such as Loot Hoarder. It may be worth waiting several turns in order to play the Cabal at just the right moment, securing a valuable minion for the player, and depriving the opponent of the same.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Let me change your mind!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The Cabal is a dark cult that is a sub-organization of the Shadow Council and operates exclusively in Outland. They are led by Grandmaster Vorpil and Blackheart the Inciter. The organization's members have holdings in the Bone Wastes and external ruins of Auchindoun in Terokkar Forest and in the Shadow Labyrinth of Auchindoun.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On closer inspection, the Cabal Shadow Priest can be seen wearing highly similar clothes to Northshire Cleric, as well as having black hair. Whether they are indeed the same person or even if they are simply from the same priestly order, this would bring a horrifying implication in regards to her flavor text.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12490 (2013-10-02): Is now a 4/5, up from a 3/4.
- Previously: Battlecry: Take control of an enemy minion that has 2 or less Attack. [6 mana, 3 attack, 4 health, Epic]