|Abilities:||Deal damage, Freeze|
|Tags:||Area of effect|
Deal 2 damage to all enemy minions and Freeze them.
This spell can be very Entertaining.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Blizzard can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Blizzard can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Spell Damage increases Blizzard's damage dealt to each target. A single point of Spell Damage will therefore cause Blizzard to deal three damage to each enemy minion, instead of two.
- Blizzard deals its area of effect damage first, and then applies its Freeze effect as a separate event. This means that an enemy minion resulting from an effect triggered by the damage will be Frozen, but not damaged itself. This has been confirmed as working correctly.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Blizzard's mass-freeze mechanic coupled with its 2 AoE damage can make it a deadly mass-removal card. Keep in mind that freeze only affects a minion's ability to attack, and silencing a frozen minion will remove the freeze effect.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card's flavor text is a self-reference to Hearthstone's developer, Blizzard Entertainment.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.16843 (2013-12-18): Mana cost is now 6 (up from 5).
References[edit | edit source]
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2015-04-09).