With the arrival of Whispers of the Old Gods and game formats, the wiki has switched over to Standard format.
The preferred format for new and advanced players alike, most card lists will from now on only show cards valid in Standard format, making it easier for readers to find the information they're looking for.
For those interested in Wild format, Wild listings can now be found on subpages, such as Deathrattle/Wild format, linked just above main card listings, and Wild strategy and tips are still featured in our articles.
|Abilities:||Deal damage, Freeze|
|Tags:||Area of effect|
Deal 2 damage to all enemy minions and Freeze them.
This spell can be very Entertaining.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Blizzard can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Blizzard can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Spell Damage increases Blizzard's damage dealt to each target. A single point of Spell Damage will therefore cause Blizzard to deal three damage to each enemy minion, instead of two.
- Blizzard deals its area of effect damage first, and then applies its Freeze effect as a separate event. This means that an enemy minion resulting from an effect triggered by the damage will be Frozen, but not damaged itself. This has been confirmed as working correctly.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Blizzard's mass-freeze mechanic coupled with its 2 AoE damage can make it a deadly mass-removal card. Keep in mind that freeze only affects a minion's ability to attack, and silencing a frozen minion will remove the freeze effect.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card's flavor text is a self-reference to Hearthstone's developer, Blizzard Entertainment.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19943 (2013-12-18): Mana cost is now 6 (up from 5).
References[edit | edit source]
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2015-04-09).