Your cards and powers that restore Health now deal damage instead.
The Auchenai know the end is coming, but they're not sure when.
 How to get
|Golden Auchenai Soulpriest||800||100|
- The Auchenai Soulpriest ability affects all powers and spells that restore health, but not those that grant additional health, or modify a target's health.
- Works with the controlling player's healing spells, hero powers and minion effects.
- Will trigger on Healing Touch, Ancient of Lore, Holy Light, Truesilver Champion, Guardian of Kings, Lay on Hands, Sacrificial Pact, Drain Life, Siphon Soul, Lightwell, Holy Fire, Holy Nova, Circle of Healing, Earthen Ring Farseer, Voodoo Doctor, Priestess of Elune, Darkscale Healer, Zombie Chow, Repair Bot and the priest hero power Lesser Heal.
- Will not trigger on Alexstrasza, Power Word: Shield, Temple Enforcer, Divine Spirit, Twilight Drake, Coldlight Seer or Young Priestess.
- The modified spells will be affected by Spell Damage bonuses, meaning that with any +1 Spell Damage minion on your side of the field, Circle of Healing will deal 5 damage to all minions (usually killing the Soulpriest), Holy Nova will effectively become Hellfire, and Holy Fire will deal 6 damage to both its target and its controller.
Auchenai Soulpriest is a very interesting card strategically with the ability to turn the tables in a tough match by changing the priest's many healing abilities into strong damaging spells. It's worth mentioning that the commonly used board wipe spell Holy Nova will now damage your minions instead of healing them while an Auchenai Soulpriest is active on your side.
The Auchenai Soulpriest can also trade efficiently if played on turn 6 or later, where it can allow the priest to immediately kill a 2 health minion using Lesser Heal.
Very much like a mage, a priest with Auchenai Soulpriest can use his own hero power to damage an Acolyte of Pain and draw cards from it, though unlike a mage he won't normally be able to do so more than 2 times.
Be careful with Auchenai Soulpriest and automatic healing effects such as Lightwell. In this case, at the start of the turn the Lightwell will target a damaged friendly character and deal 3 damage to them.
- Embrace the void.
- Feel my pain!
The Auchenai were the original guardians of the draenei grave-city of Auchindoun in Terokkar Forest. They were called "death priests". The Auchenai have been in charge of taking care of the monumental necropolis for not more than 200 years. During the Orcish campaign against their kin, the Auchenai seemingly retreated to their grave-city. Years later, the priest Nemuraan helped the Alliance Expedition to rescue Kurdran Wildhammer from the hands of the Horde.
Sadly, the Void energies emanating from D'ore turned mad this priory. No longer believing that the dead should be left alone to rest, the Auchenai leader Exarch Maladaar started to experiment with necromancy. He even allied with the eredar Levixus, helping him to bind souls to his will.
Even before their fall into madness, the "death priests" were able to see the dead after drinking a potion during a rite of initiation. They were able to summon their fallen kin using the Light, but this was later replaced by enslaving the soul with necromancy. They seem to have abandoned the Light in favor of the Void.