Acidic Swamp Ooze
Battlecry: Destroy your opponent's weapon.
Oozes love Flamenco. Don't ask.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Acidic Swamp Ooze x 2 are automatically included in all players' collections.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Acidic Swamp Ooze's attack and health alone make it a good, cheap minion. Its additional ability to act as weapon removal makes it even more effective against decks featuring weapons. Warriors, rogues, paladins are the main weapon classes, but shamans and hunters can also use weapons. Warlocks who have been replaced by Lord Jaraxxus also use the Blood Fury weapon, and Acidic Swamp Ooze can be very effective against this.
It is recommended to hold onto this card when you're facing weapon-oriented heroes, such as rogues, warriors and paladins, unless you're absolutely sure they don't use weapons in their decks, or you believe they've already used them all.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Oozes are living blobs of slime that consume all that they touch. Oozes inhabit many places in the world of Azeroth, and are usually mindless. They are also blind. Some oozes have the ability to deal acid damage to objects. Oozes eat and breathe but do not sleep.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Acidic Swamp Ooze's art was specially commissioned for the game. The art used for the card during the game's alpha can be seen here, drawn by Dan Nguyen.
- The Acidic Swamp Ooze's effect of destroying a weapon can be seen as a parallel/reference to the Magic: The Gathering card Acidic Slime, which, upon being summoned, has the effect of destroying a target artifact, enchantment, or land card.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Ben Brode (2014-03-13). Twitter / bbrode.
- Noxious (2014-10-12). Back to the Interwebz and the Ooze Painting Has Arrived.